| || |
''Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch'' (lan-vire-pool-guin-gith-go-ger-u-queern-drob-ooth-clandus-ilio-gogo-goch) is a Welsh word which translates roughly as "
what the schlieben" |+|
''Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch'' (lan-vire-pool-guin-gith-go-ger-u-queern-drob-ooth-clandus-ilio-gogo-goch) is a Welsh word which translates roughly as "the "
| || |
Revision as of 20:45, 21 January 2009
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch  is a small town on the Island of Anglesey, which is located off the northwest coast of North Wales.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (lan-vire-pool-guin-gith-go-ger-u-queern-drob-ooth-clandus-ilio-gogo-goch) is a Welsh word which translates roughly as "St Mary's Church in the Hollow of the White Hazel near a Rapid Whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the Red Cave".
Llanfair PG is a request stop on the main rail line between Holyhead and Bangor. It is also reachable by car.via the Menai Suspension Bridge.
- The main attraction in town is easy to find: it's the town's name spelled out on a long sign at the train station.
- Anglesey Sea Zoo, Brynsiencyn, 01248 43041, . Open early February through early November. Wales' largest marine aquarium, re-creating the habitats of the fauna and flora found around Anglesey and the North Wales coastline, educational as well as entertaining. Adult £5.95, senior £5,50, child/student £4.95.
- The Marquis Restaurant, Holyhead Road, 01248 713340.
- Tafarn Ty Gwyn, Holyhead Road, 01248 715599.
- The Penrhos Arms, Holyhead Road.
- Anglesey Sea Zoo, Brynsiencyn, 01248 430411, fax 01248 430213.
Go to a pub.
- Carreg Bran Hotel, Church Lane, 01248 714224
- Liverpool Arms Hotel, St. George's Pier, Menai Bridge, 01248 712453
- Henllys Hall Hotel, Henllys Lane, Beaumaris, 01248 810412
- Carreg Goch, 01248 430315
The other villages of Anglesey – Holyhead, Beaumaris, Menai Bridge, Llangefni, Ynys Llanddwyn – offer similar small-town Welsh character and remote seaside landscapes, including both lovely beaches and rugged cliffs.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!
There is another drunk welshman who eats u with some tea, and then shitcannons you off the island, its the only escape!!!