| || |
British Airways and Ryanair operate flights to [[Newquay]]. National Express buses go to [[Truro (
Cornwall)|Truro]], [[Camborne]], [[Falmouth (Cornwall)|Falmouth]] and [[Redruth]]. |+|
British Airways and Ryanair operate flights to [[Newquay]]. National Express buses go to [[Truro ()|Truro]], [[Camborne]], [[Falmouth (Cornwall)|Falmouth]] and [[Redruth]].
| || |
Revision as of 11:02, 27 May 2010
Britain's most southerly point
The Lizard  is a peninsula in Britain and part of Cornwall in the South West. The name maybe derived from the cornish expression Lys Ardh, which means High Court. The Lizard contains Britain's most southerly point : The Lizard Point.
British Airways and Ryanair operate flights to Newquay. National Express buses go to Truro, Camborne, Falmouth and Redruth.
- Lizard Point - Britain's most southerly point - a bleak and dramatic place. But whilst you will have to pay a fee to go to Lands End, Lizard Point is actually further south and you can park and look straight out over the sea.
- Goonhilly Satellite Earth Station one of the worlds greatest satellite communication centres, located at goonhilly downs. Admission is around £6, special fares apply for children, families, students and seniors. Opening times are a bit unusual, check their website for more details.
- National Seal Sanctuary (phone 01326 221 361, open all year apart from Christmas day) Admission fee is £9.50, specials fares apply to children, students and seniors. Located in Gweek. Essentially a few pools containing seals, although the cute baby ones on the promotional leaflet are only likely to be present during the baby season; but the older and more infirm seals who can't be released back into the wild are there all year round.
- The Trebah Garden has subtropical plants with year round color. Admission is around £2.60 to £5.80 depending on time of year, special fares apply to children, students and seniors.
- Kynance Cove. Cliff walks, wild flowers and geological features
- Ann's Pasties, Sunny Corner, Beacon Terrace, The Lizard, TR12 7PB, ☎ 01326 290889, .
- Franchis Holidays, Cury Cross Lanes, Mullion, Cornwall, TR12 7AZ, ☎ 01326 240301, . Campsite and self-catering accommodation. Located between Mullion, Helston and The Lizard
- Close to the Lizard, there is Land's End, Britains most southwesterly point.