Livorno is in Tuscany.
Livorno is on the Tyrrhenian sea and is the second biggest port in Italy.
Pisa airport (code: PSA) Galileo Galilei.
Main train station is Livorno Centrale. Take bus number 1 to go to town center and then to the port in about 20 minutes.
Autostrada A12, uscita Livorno; for maps and tolls see:  (no pages in English as per 14 November 2004).
From Pisa, Piombino, Florence and other cities.
Direct ferry routes exist to
Porto Vechio. It is best to book early to avoid over booking.
Many cruise ships stop here for at least a full day to allow guests to tour Rome. Guests not taking cruise ship arranged tours can take a shuttle (supplied by the port) to the port entrance, walk 10-15 minutes to a train station, and take a commuter train (cost in Fall 2009 was 9 Euros roundtrip) to Rome. Locals will happily point the way.
Bus number 1 is a shuttle from train station to the port and vice-versa. Ticket for one hour of travel is 0,85 Euros, daily ticket is 3,20 Euros. For self-reliant cruise passengers, this is the most economical way to reach trains to Pisa and Florence. See http://www.atl.livorno.it/tiposerv.html for a map.
- Quattro Mori
- Museo Civico Giovanni Fattori 
- Acquario Comunale "D. Cestoni"  (closed: work in progress)
- Tuscan islands 
- Other museums: 
- Funicolare di Montenero  one of the few cable railways still in service (another one is in Montecatini Terme near Pistoia.
Cacciucco - fish stew
Riso Nero - Black Rise-(Risotto with squeed))
- Trattoria Sottomarino, Via dei Terrazzini 48/50 - ph. +39 0586 887025 - Close to Piazza della Repubblica and Fortezza Nuova (Venezia District). Fish cuisine, don't miss the gorgeous cacciucco - Closed on MO and TU.
Cantina Senese in Borgo Cappucino famous for Caccucio and Black Rise
"Ponce alla livornese" is optimal to finish a meal (warm drink with coffee and rum).
- RELAIS POGGIO AI SANTI (159), VIA SAN BARTOLO 100 (SAN VINCENZO), ☎ +390565798032, . checkin: 12; checkout: 12. Harmony, a love for beautiful things, and quality. This is the trilogy of Poggio ai Santi. The suites and apartments of Poggio ai Santi are furnished with natural materials and colour schemes to match the Tuscan hills and the omnipresent sea. They combine space, light and tradition. At Poggio ai Santi, you will rediscover the joy of opening a garden door, of breathing the wonderful fragrances of maritime pine trees and lavender or rosemary. A few steps away, you can see horses and donkeys wandering freely in the park. The splendid panorama of natural countryside stretching to the coast - 5 kilometers below - will keep our guests enthusiastic, along with the Isle of Elba and Corsica standing out against the blue of the sky and that of the sea. address Poggio ai Santi via San Bartolo, 100 I-57027 San Vincenzo (LI) telephone and fax tel. +39 - 0565 798032 fax: +39 - 0565 798090 e-mail poggioaisanti@toscana Web www.poggioaisanti.com 150-390.
- Hotel Hermitage, Via dei Melograni 13 57020, Marina di Bibbona, Tel. +39.0586.600218 Fax +39.0586.600760. . 4-star modern and comfortable Hotel Hermitage in Marina di Bibbona near the splendid Etruscan coast
Livorno is a good starting point and base for a tour of Tuscany. You can reach Pisa in half an hour, Lucca and Florence in about an hour. In a day you can easily tour Chianti-side going to Monteriggioni, San Gimignano, Siena and Volterra and be back for dinner.