| || |
Sells clothing, jewelry, sundries, etc. Located at Little Cayman Beach Resort. |+|
*'''Mermaid's Boutique''' clothing, jewelry, sundries, etc. Located at Little Cayman Beach Resort.
| || |
*'''Village Square Market'''
The only grocery store in Little Cayman. Sells groceries, lumber, fishing supplies, etc. |+|
*'''Village Square Market''' only grocery store in Little Cayman. Sells groceries, lumber, fishing supplies, etc.
| || |
Revision as of 05:53, 11 July 2011
Little Cayman is the smallest and least developed of the three Cayman Islands. Just 10 miles long and 1 mile wide (16.1km by 1.6km), it is one of the premier diving locations on the planet with over 50 dive sites, including the world-famous Bloody Bay Wall.
Visitors must clear customs in Grand Cayman.
- Edward Bodden Airfield (IATA: MWCL), Phone: 345-948-0021. A 3000 ft (914 m) barely paved runway.
- Most boats are docked on the south side of the island.
- Providing air service between the three islands' airports is:
- Cayman Airways, Phone: 345-949-2311, .
- Red-Footed Booby Bird Nature Reserve, Blossom Village, Phone: 345-948-1010, Fax: 345-948-1011. A UNESCO-designated Nature Reserve site of over 200 acres for Red-footed Booby birds, it has the largest colony in the Western hemisphere. Also Frigate birds, Egrets, Herons, West Indian Whistling Ducks, and Black-necked Stilts.
- Owen Island is an uninhabited island located about 200 yards off the South Town shore. Kayakers, rowers or strong swimmers can enjoy it's deserted shores.
- Point o' Sand Beach on the eastern end of the island has views of Cayman Brac.
- Diving is the main attraction.
- Beach activities.
- Mermaid's Boutique sells clothing, jewelry, sundries, etc. Located at Little Cayman Beach Resort.
- Village Square Market is the only grocery store in Little Cayman. Sells groceries, lumber, fishing supplies, etc.
- Hungry Iguana Restaurant, at Paradise Villas, Phone: 345-948-0007, Fax: 345-948-0009, .
- Birds of Paradise Restaurant, at Little Cayman Beach Resort
- Sam McCoy's Diving & Fishing Lodge, North Side, Phone: 345-948-0026, Toll free: 800-626-0496, Fax: 345-948-0057, ]. The locally-owned resort. Bar, pool, all inclusive. $150-$250.
- Little Cayman Beach Resort, Blossom Village, Phone: 345-948-1033, Toll free: 800-327-3835, Fax: 345-948-1040, . The largest and most crowded resort on the island. $200-$350.
- Southern Cross Club, South Hole Sound, Phone: 345-948-1099, Toll free: 800-899-2582, Fax: 317-636-9503, ]. Duplex cottages, nine rooms and 3 suites on outstanding beach. Package including meals. No TV. $250-$300
- Pirates Point Resort, Pirates Point Resort, Phone: 345-948-1010, from US and Canada dial direct 1-345-948-1010 (e-mail: email@example.com), . The best food by Little Cayman's only award-winning chef. 11 rooms in cottages. 4 of the 11 rooms are oceanfront with ceiling fans/floor fans and porches on the oceanside. 5 of the 11 rooms are set back from the oceanfront and have airconditioning. One of the rooms is designated for Singles only. $350+
- Paradise Villas, ☎ 1-877-322-9626, . 6 duplex style villas, 12 units, all oceanfront, restaurant, bar, and pool.
- Conch Club Condo's, South Hole Sound, ☎ 345 948-1026 from the US 561 283-1715. Luxury 2 or 3 bedroom ocean front condominiums. Fully equipped kitchens, swimming pools, hot tub, Kayaks and bicycles. All units are air conditioned and have ceiling fans. Internet access via free WiFi. $250+.
- Blue Lagoon, Box 10010, Wonder Lane, ☎ 345-948-1065, . Low-cost alternative to the big resorts. Restaurant, bar, and 12 oceanfront rooms starting at US$80 dbl occ.
- Medical service is provided by a clinic staffed by a full-time nurse. Doctors visit weekly from Cayman Brac.