Lincoln is a town in Providence County, Rhode Island. Lincoln is located in Northeastern Rhode Island. It includes the villages of Manville, Lonsdale, Saylesville, Limerock, Albion, Fairlawn, and Quinville.
Lincoln is most popular in the summer with its beautiful scenery and great places to visit.
If arriving from the south, take I-95 North to Route 146 North to Route 116 South.
If arriving from the north, take I-95 South to Exit 4 in Massachusetts (295 South). Travel along Route 295 for about 10 minutes crossing into Rhode Island. Take Exit 9A (Route 146 South) to Exit 116 South.
Cars are the main form of transportation in Rhode Island. If you are coming by plane, there are car rentals available at T.F. Green Airport. You can also take a taxi but they can become quite pricey. Another alternative to cars is the Rhode Island bus system known as RIPTA (Rhode Island Public Transportation Authority). There are plenty of bus stops throughout the state and plenty of bus stops throughout Lincoln. Route 54 is the main route to Lincoln with many drop offs being at major attractions.
- Bus rate: $1.75 in cash
- Transfer rate: $.50
- Senior/Disabled Reduced Fare (with ID): $.85
- Children under 5: free
- Ozone Days: On days declared as Ozone Alert Days, the RIPTA bus is free except destinations to the beach.
- Chase Farms, 699 Great Rd. A beautiful open park meant for families to stroll, and dogs to play. Picnic benches are strategically placed by the small pond (not meant for swimming, but fishing is allowed). Gravel paths are layed out all through the lands for easy walking. The paths wind through a butterfly garden complete with a waterfall. Free concerts are available in the park for the public on certain Saturdays.
- Eleazer Arnold House, 487 Great Road, ☎ 781-891-4882 ext. 237, . Open fourth Saturday of each month.. A 17th century “stone-ender”, a once common building type with roots found in the western part of England.
- Valentine Whitman Jr. House, 1147 Great Road, . Open second Saturday of each month, 1-4pm.. One of a few surviving “stone-end” houses built in the 17th century.
- Hearthside House, 677 Great Road, ☎ 401-726-0597, . Open for special events and tours. One of the finest examples of early nineteenth century Federal-style houses in Rhode Island.
- Lincoln Woods State Park, (off Route 146), ☎ +1-401-723-7892, . closes at sunset. Restrooms, concession stand, picnic shelters, fireplaces, picnic tables, fresh water beach, bathhouse, coin operated showers, boat ramp, riding stable and bridle trails, fishing, boating, hiking, ice skating, snowmobiling. Entry free. Table and fireplace $2.
- Blackstone River Bikeway State Park, Manchester Print Works Road (located 5 minutes north down 116 on the Cumberland/Lincoln line), ☎ +1-401-723-7892. Part of the Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor on the banks of the Blackstone River, with canoeing, boating, a fishing area, and walking trails. There is about three miles of bike path developed, but eventually a nineteen mile stretch will connect with the East Bay Bike Path.
- Cinema World, 622 George Washington Highway (Located right off of rt 146, right behind the Lincoln Mall), ☎ (401) 333-8019, . Cinema World is the place to go when it comes to movie theaters. Stadium seating 16 Screen Movie Theater. Super Tuesdays: $6, All seats, all shows, all day! Every night they give student and military discounts instead of the normal $10 ticket you pay $9. Rewards card: receive coupons, sometimes for a $1.00 off a drink or popcorn to even a free movie pass. $10/Person.
- Kirkbrae Country Club, 197 Old River Road, ☎ 401-333-1300, . A private country club featuring an 18-hole Championship golf course, an Olympic size swimming pool, a fully equipped health facility, a 480 seat banquet facility, and a 240 seat member dining area. Different memberships designed to meet the individual needs of each member.
- Lincoln Public Library, 145 Old River Road, ☎ 401-333-2422, . M-Th 9:00am-8:00pm, F&S 9:00am-5:00pm.. Mission statement: “The library strives to provide patrons of all ages access to information, educational and cultural reading materials, and services in traditional and innovative formats. As the community’s recreational reading and information resource, our goal is to help library users become lifelong learners. The library is a living, growing entity that responds to meet its patrons changing needs.”
- Rock Spot Climbing, 100 Higginson Ave, ☎ 401-727-1704, . Open daily 10:00am-12:00am.. Indoor climbing for all ages and levels.
- Twin River Casino, 100 Twin River Road, ☎ 877-82-RIVER, . Open 24/7.. Gaming, dining, and entertainment destination. Over 4,700 slot machines, greyhound racing from around the country, a 29,000+ square foot Twin River Event Center with headline entertainment, the legendary Catch a Rising Star Comedy Club, free concerts at the Lighthouse Bar, and signature cocktails at Blackstone’s Cigar and Martini Bar.
- St. Jude's Parish, 301 Front Street, ☎ 401-725-8140, . Sat Mass 4:00pm, Sun Mass 8:00am, 9:30am & 11:00am, Holy Day Mass 12:00pm, weekday Mass M-Th 7:00am, Confessions Sat 3:30pm-4:00pm and by appointment. Roman Catholic Church.
- St. Basil Melkite Catholic Church of Rhode Island, 15 Skyview Dr., ☎ 401-722-1345, . Sun (Sept-May) Divine Liturgy 9:00am, 11:15am, Sat (Summer) Divine Liturgy 5:00pm, Sun (Summer) Divine Liturgy 10:00am. Melkite Greek Catholic Church.
- Lincoln Mall, 622 George Washington Highway (just west off of 146 in Lincoln), ☎ 4013335660, . M-Sat 10:00am-9:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.. A conveniently located outdoor mall for one stop shopping. Stores include: AT&T, Claire’s Accessories, Deb Shops, Dollar Tree, Dress Barn, Euphoria Institute, Exotic Tans, Eye Associates, Famous Footwear, Firenza Jewelers, Five Below, GNC, Home Goods, iParty, Job Lot, Majestic Nails, Marshall’s, Papa Gino’s, Payless Shoe Source, Radio Shack, Sleepy’s, Super Stop and Shop, Target.
- Lincoln Shopping Center, Front Street (From 95 South, take exit for 146 South, get off on exit for Breakneck Hill Road, Take a right off the exit and continue down the road until it becomes Front Street). 9 AM- 5 PM. The plaza is home to over 15 local businesses. They include Bread & More, a local bakery that has been serving patrons for over 30 years. Subway sandwich shop, Lincoln Liquors, Pam's Grille, Nayco Convenience store, Ted's Paint Shop and Lonsdale Laundromat are all located in the plaza. It serves as a multi-purpose shopping center located in the middle of town.
Chain restaurants include Papa Gino's, McDonalds, Chili's Bar and Grill, Dunkin' Donuts, Honey Dew Donuts, Starbucks, Five Guys Burgers and
Fries, and Subway. Other options include:
- Asia Grille, 622 George Washington Highway, ☎ 401-334-3200, . M-Th 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri&Sat 11:00am-10:30pm, Sun 11:00-9:00pm.. Enjoy fresh, authentic Asian cuisine in a beautifully decorated and eye-pleasing dining room, or carry out for at home dining. Two private banquet rooms for parties up to 40 or 100. Voted Best Asian Restaurant 3 years in a row in the Blackstone Valley. Karaoke every Thursday 8:00pm-midnight.
- Hercules Pizza Works, 1525 Louisquisset Pike, ☎ 401-724-2320. M-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm. Family pizzeria serving pizzas, calzones, grinders, wraps, pastas, and salads.
- Lincoln Creamery, 276 Front Street, ☎ 401-724-1050. Seasonal. Large variety of ice cream flavors and toppings.
- Spicoli's Bar and Grill, 48 School Street, ☎ 401-721-5160, . MWTh 3:30pm-1:00am, F&S 12:00pm-1:00am, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm. Casual family restaurant serving pizzas and appetizers.
- Trattoria Romana, 3 Wake Robin Road, ☎ 401-333-6700, . Luncheon M-F 11:30am-2:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Dining M-Th 4:30pm-9:00pm, F&S 4:30pm-10:00pm, Sun 3:30pm-9:00pm. Experience an authentic Italian Trattoria. Specialty dishes from Italy in a relaxed, fine dining atmosphere. Reserve banquet/private dining rooms that can accommodate parties of 40, 60 and 80 people. Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Take-out. Catering is available through the gourmet deli, Trattoria Express.
- Weiner Genie, 80 Higginson Ave, ☎ 401-726-6641, . Hot weiners.
- Enn Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar, 600 George Washington Hwy, ☎ (401) 333-0366, . Monday-Thursday 11:30am-9:30pm, Friday 11:30am-10:30, Saturday 4:30pm-10:30pm, Sunday 4pm-9pm. A popular sushi option in Northern Rhode Island. The restaurant is more pricey than others but it has a full bar, and sparkling sake, possibly the only place in Rhode Island that has it. Worth a go if you don’t want to go to Providence for some sushi and other Japanese cuisine.
- Fred & Steve’s Steakhouse, 100 Twin River Rd, ☎ (401) 745-8400, . Wednesday-Thursday 5pm-9pm, Friday-Saturday 5pm-11pm, Sunday 4pm-9pm. Located at the Twin River casino, Fred & Steve’s Steakhouse is somewhat upscale given its location and is preferable to the other restaurants at Twin River. Praised for good food and good service.
- Shanna's Country Kitchen, 1515 Louisquisset Pike, ☎ 401-725-5670. Tue-Sun 6:00am-1:00pm. Great place for breakfast. Family restaurant. Excellent service, cheerful staff, great food. Take-out. $(0-10).
- Burger Boys, 276 Front Street, ☎ 401-305-3789. Branch off from the local Lincoln Creamery. Specializes in hot dogs and burgers. Family restaurant.
- Birch Tree Pub, 1526 Louisquisset Pike, ☎ 401-725-5155. Local bar serving greatly priced drinks.
- The Lodge Pub & Eatery, 40 Breakneck Hill Road, ☎ 401-725-8510, . Casual family dining restaurant set in a fun, comfortable rustic atmosphere. Serves lunch and dinner. Salad bar and cocktail bar. Takeout available.
- Overtime Bar & Grille, 200 Front Street, ☎ (401) 725-3640. A friendly bar for a relaxed evening. Features a large ping pong table and many large flat screens.
- Antonio’s Café, 791 Smithfield Ave, ☎ (401) 724-6007. A Portuguese bar and restaurant with good Rhode Island food. On Thursdays the Café has karaoke night which is a favorite of local regulars.
- Wicked Good, 100 Twin River Rd. True to its name, this sports bar is campy. Located in the Twin River Casino, it can be a good stop for some food and drinks at the slots.
- Courtyard Marriott: Providence Lincoln, 636 George Washington Highway, ☎ 401-333-3400, . Nightly rates: $129+.
Wikipedia:Lincoln, Rhode Island