Limerick' (Irish: Luimneach)  is a city in Ireland's Shannon Region.
Limerick is probably Ireland's last unspoiled city. From a tourist point of view it might not seem to hold the same allure as Cork or Galway, but as it is twenty minutes by bus from Shannon Airport, it is easy to spend a few hours in Limerick at least.
While Limerick City does not have an airport, Shannon Airport serves the area and is located within 25km of Limerick City along the N18. Shannon Airport is an International Airport that services locations both within Europe and to the United States. Daily flights from Shannon Airport to New York, Newark and Chicago are operated by Delta, Aer Lingus and Continental Airlines while Ryanair mainly services destinations in the UK and Europe.
Limerick City is served very well by Bus Eireann who operate services to and from Limerick city to Athlone, Balbriggan, Cork, Drogheda, Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, Navan, Sligo and Waterford.
Limerick is connected to the Irish Rail network by Colbert Station which is located on Parnell Street in Limerick City. Limerick City is connected by rail (either directly or indirectly) with the main towns of Belfast, Dublin, Rosslare, Cork, Tralee and Ennis.
While Limerick is not particularly well served by car rental companies, Shannon Airport is. All the major car rental companies in Ireland have locations at Shannon. Shannon Airport is easily accessible from Limerick by Bus or Taxi services.
Public Bus services are available in Limerick but the city is quite contained and everything is within walking distance.
Limerick has a host of badly-publicised attractions - the city's so-called "co-ordination office" is too busy warding off negative publicity about the city's crime to put out positive messages about all that the Shannonside city has to offer.
- King John's Castle, located on King's Island (in the heart of Limerick City),  Open: 10-16.30 Jan/Feb/Nov/Dec, 9.30-17.00 Mar/Apr, 9.30-17.30 May–Oct.
- The Hunt Museum, Rutland Street, phone: +353 61 312 833 (email:, fax +353 61 312834)  Open 10-17:00 Mon-Sat, 14:00–17:00 Sun. (Adults €7.20, Concessions €5.80, Children €3.50)
- St Mary's Cathedral located on King's Island, phone: +353 61 416 238, 
- Downtown Georgian architecture
- Thomond Park, one of the Rugby world's most feared cauldrons. (currently under renovation)
- The UL Arena is well worth a visit, for couch potatoes and sporting enthusiasts alike.
- The Hunt Museum offers a unique collection of treasures. Located in the historic Custom House and overlooking the Shannon, it features a diverse range of artefacts, from archeological finds to 20th century art exhibitions.
- Limerick City Gallery of Art
- Univeristy of Limerick (Ollscoil Luimnigh), .
- Crescent Shopping Centre, Dooradoyle
- Cruises Street, City Centre
- French Connection, William's Street
- Concepts, Catherine Street
- Brown Thomas, O'Connell Street
- Debenhams, O'Connell Street
- Fuschia Queen, Thomas Street
- L'Occitane, Thomas Street
- King's Shoes 34 O'Connell Street (corner of Roches Street and O'Connell St) This new ladies shoe boutique stocks an exclusive selection of Italian and international designer brands. A definite must see for the serious shoe shopper!
- O'Mahony's booksellers, O'Connell Street
- Thornton's chocolate shop, Cruise's Street
- River Island, Cruises Street
- River Deep Mountain High, Rutland Street
- The Hunt Museum Shop, Rutland Street
- Luigi Malones, O'Connell St 
- Jasmine Palace, O'Connell St  This contributer once worked with a man from Dublin who lived and worked in Limerick for several years. He hated Limerick and everything about it except for The Jasmine Palace. Which will tell you how good of a restaurant it is.
- Copper and Spice, Cornmarket Row and Annacotty 
- The Mexican, O'Connell St 
- Thai Gourmet, O'Connell St 
- Moll Darbys, Georges Quay 
- Texas Stateout, O'Connell St 
- Market Square, 74 O'Connell St
- Brulees, 8 Henry St (on the corner of Henry and Mallow Street)
- The Grove, The Grove, `11 Upper Cecil Street for yummy vegetarian food
- Fat Zoe's, Rutland Street
- Eddie Rockets  Nice familiar restaurant...you will feel like being in Grease!
- La Piccola Italia, O'Connell Street
- The Locke Bar, George's Quay
- Harris Bar and Brasserie, Riverpoint Building
- The Clubhouse, Pizzeria @ Trinity Rooms in the Granary
- Nancy Blake's Pub, Denmark Street 
- The Old Quarter, Denmark Street 
- Flannerys Bar, Denmark Street.
- Smyths, Denmark Street, 
- Molly Malones, Ellen Street. Be careful with the bouncers
- The Wicked Chicken, Alternative music venue, Baker Place 
- Costello's Tavern, Alternative music venue, Dominic Street.
- Jerry Flannerys Bar, Catherine Street.
- Peter Clohessys Bar, Howleys Quay 
- The Locke, Great outdoor drinking/eating spot, Georges Quay 
- Micky Martins, Augustinian Lane.
- Pier One, Sarsfield Street, 
- Riddlers, Sarsfield Street.
- Tom Collins's Oyster Saloon, Cecil Street (genuine old man's pub)
- Dolans Bar, Dock road. Traditional Irish bar with live music 
- Gleeson's (aka "The White House"), O'Connell Street.
- Trinity Rooms, Michael Street, Award Winning Nightclub, Big Name Dj's from Mr. Scruff to Roger Sanchez, 3 rooms, vip areas 
- Mojo's, Patrick Street, 
- Aubars, Thomas Street, 
- The Still House Carlsberg Sports bar, Thomas Street, 
- Charlie Chaplin's, Cruises Street.
- Bar3, Bedford Street, Gay Bar.
- Travelodge Limerick, Coonagh Roundabout, Ennis Road, ☎ +353 (0) 61 457 000 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: From 3pm, earlier check on request and charge of €10; checkout: 12 midday, late check out up to 3 pm subject to availability and €10 charge. From €40.
- Dairy Guest House, ☎ +353 (0/87) 6669186 (), .
- Best Western Perys Hotel, Glentworth Street, ☎ +353 (0/61) 413822 (email@example.com, fax: +353 (0/61) 413073), .
- Woodlands House Hotel, .
- The Castletroy Park Hotel, .
- The George Boutique Hotel, .
- South Court Hotel & Suites, .
- Clarion Hotel Suites, .
- The Sarsfield Bridge Hotel, .
- The Railway Hotel, Parnell Street (Opposite the rail and bus station), ☎ +353 (0/61) 413653 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +353 (0/61) 419762), . Singles from €45.
- The Kilmurry Lodge, Castletroy (near University), ☎ +353-61-501072, . Pleasant, ivy-covered red brick hotel on the outskirts of town, manages to feel small and cozy although it's actually rather large. Pub, restaurant and nightclub on grounds. From €89 B&B.
- Annville B&B, Newtown, Castletroy (South-west of university.), ☎ +353 61 330023 (email@example.com, fax: +353 61 330023), . Quiet and nice B&B in the outskirts, friendly and helpful landlord, complete irish breakfast. Unlike advertised, not all rooms are ensuite, and the common bathroom is aging but otherwise the facilities are quite fine. €40 single/€60 double. (52.66637,-8.53969)
- Absolute Hotel Limerick, Sir Harry's Mall, ☎ +353 61 463-600, . Four Star hotel luxury spa hotel in the heart of Limerick City Centre.
- Adare Manor, 
- Castletroy Park, 
- Glin Castle, 
- Hilton Limerick Hotel, 
- Marriott Limerick, Henry Street, ☎ +353 (0/61) 448700 (fax: +353 (0/61) 448701), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: Noon. € 140+ per night.
Petty crime is comparable with other cities of the same size.