Lidingö is an island-suburb east of Stockholm in Sweden, at the innermost part of the Stockholm archipelago.
Lidingö is a municipality with about 45,000 inhabitants, consisting of the main island Lidingö, and some minor islands. Lidingö contains suburban areas, a nature reserve, and an array of conference centers on the Elfvik peninsula.
Lidingö is connected to Stockholm by two parallel bridges at Ropsten, the end station of the subway. The light rail Lidingöbanan, as well as buses, carry on to Lidingö. Just as inner Stockholm, Lidingö is in the inner public transport zone.
Lidingö is also well within reach for bicycles from central Stockholm, with stands for Stockholm City Bikes. 
Sjövägen is a public transport ferry from Nybrokajen in downtown Stockholm, as well as Nacka. 
Most of Lidingö is easily accessed by bicycle or car.
- Millesgården, Herserudsvägen 32 (on Lidingö, T Ropsten and then the Lidingöbanan train to Baggeby or buses to Torsvik), +46 8 446 75 90, . Open M-Su 11AM-5PM 15 May-30 Sep, Tu-Su noon-5PM 1 Oct-14 May. In the former residence and studio of the famous sculptor Carl Milles, his own work is showcased alongside contemporary Swedish and international artists. A new extension was recently built for temporary exhibitions. Adult admission 80SEK.
- Bosön , the Swedish Sports Confederation's center for training. Several world-famous athletes work out here.
- Fjäderholmarna is a group of small islands, separate from the main islands, reached by ferry from Stockholm.
- Lidingö kyrka, the 16th century town church, beatifully situated at a waterfront hill.
- Hiking and cycling all across the island.
- Fågelöudde, a beach, most frequented by families.
- Kottlasjön, a lake for bathing in the summer, and ice-skating in the winter.
- Ekholmsnäs, a semi-artificial hill, a downhill ski slope, with equipment rental. With artificial snow, it keeps open as long as temperatures are below zero. Great view. Mountainbiking during warm seasons.
- Lidingö Golfklubb , an 18-hole golf course.
- Ekholmsnäs Golf , a 9-hole golf course, upwards the Ekholmsnäs hill.
- Lidingöloppet  claims to be the world's largest cross-country running competition. Held annually in September, with around 30,000 participants. Part of the Swedish Classic Circuit.
- Jernet, a classic diner in Lidingö Centrum.
- Rönneberga  a conference hotel, open as a self-service hostel during summer.
- Ariston Hotel  in central Lidingö.
- Bosön  in an athletic environment.
- Scandic Foresta near Millesgården. Great view of the Stockholm harbor.
- Alfa Hotel  at Lidingöbron, near Stockholm.
- Lidingö Hotel  in a calm suburban neighborhood.
- Best Western Söderås, a rural waterfront hotel, 12 kilometers from downtown Stockholm. 
- Blue Hotel , with view of the archipelago, and a Turkish hamam spa.
- Högberga gård , a high-class conference hotel at the southern waterfront.
- Gåshaga Sealodge , at the dock to the archipelago.