Lidingö is an island-suburb east of Stockholm in Sweden.
Lidingö is a municipality with about 45,000 inhabitants, consisting of the main island Lidingö, and some minor islands. Lidingö contains suburban areas, a nature reserve, and an array of conference centers on the Elfvik peninsula.
The only land connection to Lidingö is a double bridge at Ropsten, the end station of the subway. The light rail Lidingöbanan, as well as buses, carry on to Lidingö. Lidingö is also well within reach for bicycles from central Stockholm.
Sjövägen is a public transport ferry from Nybrokajen in downtown Stockholm, as well as Nacka. 
Most of Lidingö is easily accessed by bicycle or car.
- Millesgården, Herserudsvägen 32 (on Lidingö, T Ropsten and then the Lidingöbanan train to Baggeby or buses to Torsvik), +46 8 446 75 90, . Open M-Su 11AM-5PM 15 May-30 Sep, Tu-Su noon-5PM 1 Oct-14 May. In the former residence and studio of the famous sculptor Carl Milles, his own work is showcased alongside contemporary Swedish and international artists. A new extension was recently built for temporary exhibitions. Adult admission 80SEK.
- Fjäderholmarna is a group of small islands, separate from the main islands, reached by ferry from Stockholm.
- Hiking and cycling all across the island.
- Fågelöudde, a beach, most frequented by families.
- Ekholmsnäs, a semi-artificial hill, a downhill ski slope, with equipment rental. With artificial snow, it keeps open as long as temperatures are below zero. Great view. Mountainbiking during warm seasons.
- Ekholmsnäs Golf, a 9-hole golf course, upwards the Ekholmsnäs hill.
- Lidingöloppet, Cross-country running race held in September annually, part of the Swedish Classic circuit. 
- Jernet, a classic diner in Lidingö Centrum.
- Rönneberga  a conference hotel, open as a self-service hostel during summer.
- Tre Systrar , a B&B mansion in a quiet suburban neighborhood.
- Bosön  in an athletic environment.
- Scandic Foresta near Millesgården. Great view of the Stockholm harbor.
- Best Western Söderås, a rural waterfront hotel, 12 kilometers from downtown Stockholm. 
- Blue Hotel, with view of the archipelago, and a Turkish hamam spa.