| || |
| || |
Revision as of 04:26, 31 May 2008
Liaoyang (辽阳市 Liáoyáng Shì) is a city in Liaoning province in China.
This is an ancient city with a long history going back over 2400 years. Liaoyang had been the major city of Liaodong (eastern Liaoning) province since the Waring States Period (475-221 BC). When Nurhachi united the Manchurian tribes and founded the Late Jin Dynasty, Nurhachi moved his capital to Liaoning. An imperial palace was built there in 1621. The new capital was renamed Dongjing (East Capital). The city measured 900m east to west and 840m north to south. The city wall was 11 metres high with two gates on either side. However, this palace was barely completed when Nurhachi moved his court yet again to the city of Shenyang in 1625. Nowadays, little remains of the old palace but some walls and gates are visible. In 1904, Battle of Liaoyang was fought as one of the major battles of the Russo-Japanese War. After the end of the second world war and the Chinese civil war, Liaoyang became a centre for heavy industrial development. It is somewhat overshadowed by the now larger neighbours of Shenyang and Anshan but remains one of the key cities of Liaoning province.
- New Century Hotel (新世纪酒店), ☎ +86(0419)2128888. A four star hotel that contains dining rooms, KTV Plaza, Chaba, bars, sauna parlours, business centre, etc.
- Liaoyang Hotel (辽阳宾馆), Zhonghua Road, Liaoyang. (辽阳市中华大街一段6l号), ☎ +86(0419)2288000. This 13 story building covers 19,995 square metres and contains 143 rooms. There is a conference centre with a capacity of 500 people.
- Liaoyang Fuhong International Hotel (辽阳富虹国际饭店), ☎ +86(0419)2268888. A five-star hotel
- Liaoyang Tingzhou Hotels Ltd (辽阳汀洲大酒店有限公司), ☎ +86(0419)2258999.
- Liaoyang Silver Dream Hotel (辽阳银梦大酒店酒店有限公司), 49 Road(民主路49号), ☎ +86(0419)2136888, +86(0419)2134179 (fax: +86(0419)2153466). A 10,000 square meters hotel with