- For the voivodship, see Lesser Poland Voivodship.
The wooden churches of Southern Little Poland are a UNESCO World Heritage collection of traditional style Catholic churches in the Malopolskie region of Poland, close to the border with Slovakia and the Polish resort town of Zakopane.
The Church of the Archangel Michael, Debno.
- Kraków — the "cultural capital" of Poland, and its historical capital during its formative years in the Middle Ages, capital of Lesser Poland Voivodeship
- Kielce — capital of Świętokrzyskie (Holly Cross) Voivodeship
- Lublin — capital of Lublin Voivodship, city has well-preserved old town with typical Polish and unusual Renaissance architecture, the socalled Lublin Renaissance
- Rzeszow — capital of Subcarpathian Voivodeship
There are two major airports in the Lesser Poland: Kraków's John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice  and Rzeszów's Rzeszów-Jasionka .
Good connection to the region is also guarantee by Katowice's Katowice International Airport 
Centralwings  connects the United Kingdom, Ireland, and several other locations with Katowice and the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Athens, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Hamburg, and Lille with Kraków.
Wizzair  connects much of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, and other locations, including Sweden, Norway, and Bulgaria with the airport in Katowice.
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Former German nazi camp 2km outside city of Oświęcim, 65 km from Krakow. Leave a whole day for this if you want to go. The Auschwitz camp and the much bigger Birkenau camp are a few kilometres apart. Frequent and inexpensive buses from the main bus station, or trains approx every two hours from the adjacent railway station (10.50zl each way). Many hotels and travel agents in Krakow, as well as the Galicja Museum in Kazimierz, can direct you to hassle-free coach tours to the former camp for about 100 zl per head. Entrance to the Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Bochnia - historic salt mine, older than Wieliczka's one. 40 km from Kraków. Must see. SK-BUS minibuses from Krakow Main Railway Station (Dworzec Główny), or train (way: Tarnów, or Nowy Sącz/Krynica).
- Nowy Sacz - beautiful old city with a fine main market square.
- Beautiful Renaissance Castles in Pieskowa Skala, Nowy Wisnicz, Niepolomice, Sucha Beskidzka and Niedzica.
- The "Eagle Nest Castle Ruins" in the Jura in Ogrodzeniec, Olsztyn, Rudno, Mirow and Ojcow.
- Monasteries near Krakow are in Tyniec and Kalwaria Zebrzydowska.
- Spas in Lessr Poland: Krynica, Muszyna, Busko Zdroj, and Piwniczna.
- Medieval wooden churches of southern Lesser Poland — rare exemplars of medieval wooden architecture. One of the most beautiful is in Dębno at Lake Czorsztyn.