Leirvik is a town in the county of Hordaland in Norway. It is located on the island of Stord in the municipality of the same name (which only covers the southern half of the island). Confusingly, Stord municipality as a whole has town status, but Leirvik is the only town-like settlement in the municipality. Leirvik had a population of about 11,342 in 2008. It is the second largest town in Hordaland county.
- Sunnhordland Folk Museum, Leirvik (On the hilltop behind Leirvik town center), ☎ 53413899, . Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 10:00-15:30; Wed, Sun: 16:00-19:00; Sat, 10:00-13:00. Permanent agricultural, forestry and fishery history exhibitions, exhibition of life in prehistoric times, and a sculpture collection.
- Stord Maritime Museum, Leirvik (At the docks), ☎ 53413988, . Tue-Sat: 11:00-14:00. Exhibitions of the maritime history of the region. Open June 23 - August 6. Adults: NOK 30, Children (under 15): free.
- Hystadmarkjo, (North of Leirvik town centre). A nature reserve near Leirvik with a 2 km long hiking path. The area has many cultural and historic monuments, including a cholera graveyard from the 19th century and burial mounds from the Bronze Age. Bathing possibilities.
- Fengselet Mat og Vinkjellar, Jens Hystadveg 14 5417 Stord, ☎ 53417760, . Tue-Sat 18:00-24:00. Kitchen closes at 22:00. Closed Mon and Sun.. A restaurant in an old, restored prison building in the center of Leirvik. Building also contains a wine cellar.
- Grand Hotell, Leirvik, ☎ 53409600, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 12PM. Conference hotel in the center of Leirvik. Newly renovated. Spa and wifi. 1195 for a standard single room; 1395 for a standard double room.
- Stord Hotell, Leirvik, ☎ 53402500, . Modern conference hotell. Restaurant, swimming pool, sauna, etc. Mid-range prices.