| || |
|−|[[I-15 ]] runs directly through the middle of Lehi. Exit 279 takes you to Main Street; turn left at the light (so that you will pass under the freeway) to get to downtown. |+|
I-15 runs directly through the middle of Lehi. Exit 279 takes you to Main Street; to get to downtown.
| || |
Revision as of 16:43, 18 August 2011
Lehi is a city in the Wasatch Front in Utah, United States.
Lehi is a city of 50,000 that is known for Lehi Roller Mills and Thanksgiving Point.
The I-15 freeway runs directly through the middle of Lehi. Exit 279 takes you to Main Street; head west to get to downtown. Exit 284 will take you to Thanksgiving Point.
- Hutchings Museum of Natural History, 55 N Center St, ☎ +801 768-7180, . Tu-Sa 11AM-5PM. An eclectic museum featuring the collections of John Hutchings: rocks & minerals, stuffed birds, fossils and shells, pioneer and Native American items, plus memorabilia from the Wild West, including a small "shrine" to Porter Rockwell. $4/adult, $3/child, student, and senior.
- Thanksgiving Point, 3003 N Thanksgiving Way (take I-15 exit 284, turn onto Club House Dr, then take N Thanksgiving Way and head south; you can't miss the iconic water tower), ☎ +1 888 672-6040, . Thanksgiving Point is home to a number of attractions, particularly geared at families. Thanksgiving Point offers varied classes and is often the site of festivals and activities, so check the calendar for special events such as the Scottish Festival (June), the Great Salt Lake Truck Show (August), and much more .
- Thanksgiving Point Farm Country, ☎ +1 801 768-4929, . Apr-Oct: M-Sa 10AM-8PM; Nov-Mar 10AM-5PM. A petting zoo, farms animals including peacocks and rabbits, pony rides, and wagon rides through "Farm Country." The main building has a giftshop and a small museum featuring the production of milk. $5/person; admission includes pony ride for children ages 3-12 and a wagon ride for everyone. (40.42422,-111.88883)
- Thanksgiving Point Gardens, 3900 N Garden Dr (from I-15 exit 284, continue west down Club House Dr; turn right onto Garden Dr at the end of the road), ☎ +1 801 768-4999, . Apr-Oct: M-Sa 10AM-8PM. Large, beautiful sculpted grounds hidden in a bowl in the valley. The gardens also include the Children's Discovery Garden with a Noah's Ark play fountain and a small maze. Inside the main entance building is a giftshop and the Trellis Café  (11AM-3PM, $5-10). Full garden: $10/adult, $6/child (3-12), $9/senior; Children's Garden only $6/adult, $4/child (3-12).. (40.43552,-111.91129)
- Thanksgiving Point Museum of Ancient Life, (giant building with dinosaurs coming out of it), ☎ +1 801 766-5030, . M-Sa 10AM-8PM. Museum of natural history with lots of dinosaurs and activities for kids. The museum also has an IMAX facility to screen 3D movies. The museum is also home to the Expedition Café . $10/adult, $8/child (3-12) and senior (65+); add $5 for IMAX movie. (40.4246,-111.88586)
- Lehi Legacy Center, 123 N Center St, ☎ +1 801 768-7124, . Recreation center in downtown Lehi.
- Lehi Roller Mills, 833 E Main St, ☎ +1 877 311-3566, . M-Sa 9AM-5PM. The historic mill, featured in the movie "Footloose," is known for its tasty flour and bakery mixes. They run a small giftshop next to the mill, right after you get off the freeway and head towards downtown.
- Thanksgiving Point Water Tower Plaza, 3003 N Thanksgiving Way, ☎ +1 801 768-4950, . M-Sa 10AM-8PM. A few shops in a quaint setting, namely the Emporium .
- Porter's Place, 24 W Main St, ☎ +1 801 768-8348, . "Food from the Old West" and a shrine to Porter Rockwell, the grizzly lawman of the frontier. $10-15.
- Harvest Restaurant, 3003 N Thanksgiving Way (inside Water Tower Plaza), ☎ +1 801 768-4990, . 11AM-9PM. "Simple yet elegant" restaurant at Thanksgiving Point. $15-30.
- Deli, Bakery, and Ice Cream Shop at Thanksgiving Point, 3003 N Thanksgiving Way (inside Water Tower Plaza), ☎ +1 801 768-4984, . M-Th 10AM-8PM, FSa 10AM-9PM. $5-10.