Leavenworth  is a resort town located within the North Cascades region of Washington State.
An wintry night in the village of Leavenworth.
The tourist portion of Leavenworth is very small, approximately a 15min walk from one side to the other on foot.
- Nutcracker Museum, 735 Front Street, Leavenworth, WA, 98826 (On the south corner of Front & 8th), ☎ 509-548-4573, . 2-5pm: daily May-Oct, weekends Nov-Apr. A rather small museum, but is loaded with thousands of nutcrackers. They range from simple prehistoric ones to modern movie character variations of the traditional Bavarian-styled ones. Adults $2.50, Students $1, Children (under 5) free.
- Play a round of golf at the Leavenworth Golf Club.
- Go river rafting or inner tubing on the Wenatchee River.
- Leavenworth is a bouldering destination, well known for its diverse granite boulder fields.
- A Matter of Taste, 647 Front St Leavenworth, Washington 98826, ☎ 509-548-6949, . Summer 9am-9pm daily, Winter M-F 11-4pm Sat/Sun 10-6pm. Has a lot of sauces, mustards and hot sauces for free sampling.
- Baren Haus, 208 9th Street, Leavenworth, WA (corner of Front and 9th St.), ☎ (509) 548-4535, . Traditional Bavarian fare with a few 'German' beers to choose from. The large steins are kind of a rip-off, but pitchers are definitely worth the cost.
- Andreas Keller, ☎ 509-548-6000, . Traditional Bavarian fare. Offers large pints.
- Icicle Brewing Company, 935 Front Street, Leavenworth, WA, 98826, ☎ 509-548-BREW, . M-Th 2-10pm, F-Su: noon-10pm. Small brewery/bar, but there is indoor and outdoor seating. Flights available. 21+ after 6pm.
- Bella Terrazza Vineyards, 837 Front St Suite A, ☎ (509)-548-7348, . Has a wine tasting room
- Evergreen Inn, 1117 Front St. Leavenworth, WA 98826, ☎ (800) 327-7212, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. One of the only cheap places in Leavenworth. Stay includes a free breakfast with make-your-own Belgian waffles.
- Best Western Icicle Inn, 505 Highway 2, ☎ +1 509 548-7000 (toll free: +1 800 558-2438, fax: +1 509 548-7050), .
- Big Ponderosa Log Home  on Kahler Glen Golf and Ski Resort
The small nearby town of Cashmere has a small distillery as well as a few bars and other attractions.
|Routes through Leavenworth