Leavenworth  is a resort town located within the North Cascades region of Washington State.
An wintry night in the village of Leavenworth.
The tourist portion of Leavenworth is very small, approximately a 15min walk from one side to the other on foot.
- Nutcracker Museum, 735 Front Street, Leavenworth, WA, 98826 (On the south corner of Front & 8th), ☎ 509-548-4573, . 2-5pm: daily May-Oct, weekends Nov-Apr. A rather small museum, but is loaded with thousands of nutcrackers. They range from simple prehistoric ones to modern movie character variations of the traditional Bavarian-styled ones. Adults $2.50, Students $1, Children (under 5) free.
- Play a round of golf at the Leavenworth Golf Club.
- Go river rafting or inner tubing on the Wenatchee River.
- Leavenworth is a bouldering destination, well known for its diverse granite boulder fields.
- Icicle Brewing Company, 935 Front Street, Leavenworth, WA, 98826, ☎ 509-548-BREW, . M-Th 2-10pm, F-Su: noon-10pm. Small brewery/bar, but there is indoor and outdoor seating. Flights available. 21+ after 6pm.
- Best Western Icicle Inn, 505 Highway 2, ☎ +1 509 548-7000 (toll free: +1 800 558-2438, fax: +1 509 548-7050), .
- Big Ponderosa Log Home  on Kahler Glen Golf and Ski Resort
|Routes through Leavenworth