Lawrenceville is a city in Georgia, on the outskirts of Metro Atlanta.
Lawrenceville came into being on December 15, 1821 and is the county seat of Gwinnett County. Lawrenceville was named after Captain James Lawrence who was commander of the frigate Chesapeake. During a battle with H. M. S Shannon on June 1, 1813, off the coast near Boston, Massachusetts captain Lawrence was mortally wounded. His dying words were, "Don't give up the ship."
In 1978 Larry Flynt, publisher of Hustler Magazine, was shot on the Lawrenceville courthouse square allegedly by Joseph Paul Franklin.
There is no regular passenger service into Lawrenceville but there is a large general aviation airport that charter flights can fly into. Gwinnett County's Briscoe Field has a 6,000 foot runway with two FBOs supplying both 100LL and Jet-A fuel.
Travel north on Interstate 85 from Atlanta to State Highway 316. Travel east on 316 to Highway 20 and turn right.
- DeKalb's House before she went to midtown.
- Lil' River Grill 179 East Crogan St. 770 995-1183 . An American classic -,Fine dining and an extensive wine list.
- Corner Stop Café, Southern Style Cookin’ in The Heart of Historic Downtown Lawrenceville, 195 N. Perry St. / (770)962-4112, Mon - Fri: 7 AM - 10 AM & 11 AM - 3 PM (Dinner Hours Fri: 5 PM - 8 PM)
- Dominic's. Upscale Italian restaurant located in the Rhodes Jordan building on the Courthouse Square.
- Uptown Cafe. This little hole-in-the-wall (the restaurant is only about five feet wide with three tables) serves excellent Mediterranean food, including hummus, gyros, and grape leaves.
- Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, 1135 Lakes Parkway Lawrenceville, GA 30043, ☎ 770-338-9600, . The Hampton Inn Lawrenceville is near historical Downtown Lawrenceville and in close proximity to the cities of Buford, Suwannee, and Duluth, and within a few minutes of the Mall of Georgia, Gwinnett Place Mall and Briscoe Field, and many restaurants of all varieties. Offering free hot breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.