This article is a travel topic
The longer you travel, the more likely you'll need to wash your clothes. You can:
- Use a laundromat (if available) - common in Eurpoe, but not so common in Asia and South America
- Use the hotel's laundry service
- Pay some locals to wash them for you
- Wash them yourself - e.g. in the hotel bathroom
The cheapest way to do your laundry is to do it yourself.
- In the bathroom, fill the sink or bathtub with water, some sort of soap (or shampoo, body wash, laundry detergent), and your dirty clothes. You can use a universal sink stopper or just a dirty sock.
- Let it soak for about 15 minutes
- Swish the clothes around. Scrub each item individually by rubbing the cloth together, concentrating on areas such as the armpits and stains. Apply additional soap as needed.
- Rinse each item under a faucet (e.g. the shower) until the water runs out clean, not soapy.
- Wring the excess water out of the item.