Langhe is home to a number of world famous wine producing regions, including Barolo and Barbaresco. It consists of hills located in the Cuneo province of Piedmont.
See also: Wine tourism#Italy
The region is particularly interesting from the perspective of wine tourism because they make wine like this nowhere else in the world. The difficult but noble nebbiolo grape is used in Langhe to make two of the best wines in the world, Barbaresco and Barolo, "the king of wines and the wine of kings". There have been attempts to export the grape, but so far the resulting wine has failed to reach the quality of the nebbiolo wines of Langhe.
Other interesting red wines include barbera and the simpler dolcetto. White wines are not as famous, but among others arneis and chardonnay are produced. There are also unusual local varieties such as freisa, used to make a lightly sparkling red wine, and grignolino. The moscato grape is used to make above all a low-alcohol dessert wine.
Like everywhere, visiting wineries in the Langhe is like visiting a working farm. It is a good idea to call ahead before you show up, but it may be possible to taste wine without an appointment at some wineries.
- Pio Cesare Azienda Agricola - Via Cesare Balbo 6, 12051 Alba(Cuneo), tel: +39 - 0173 440386 fax: +39 - 0173 363680 
- Azienda Agricola Vigna Rionda (Massolino) - Piazza Cappellano, 8 - 12050 Serralunga d'Alba tel: +39 0173 613 138 fax: +39 0173 613 949 
- La Spinetta, Via Carzello 1, 12060 Grinzane Cavour, ☎ +39 0173 262291, . A modern producer famous for its Pin blend and its Barolo. Tasting 15€ (4 wines) or 20€ (6 wines).
- Cavallotto Fratelli, Via Alba-Monforte, Bricco Boschis, 12060 Castiglione Falletto (CN), ☎ +39 017362814, . Many classic Langhe wines made in a traditional style: Barolo, Barbera and Dolcetto among others. Unique in that they have all the vines planted in one place, resulting in a beautiful vista.
- Locanda del Sant'Uffizio, Strada Sant’Uffizio 1 (14030 Cioccaro di Penango (Asti)), ☎ +39 0141 91 62 92, . The Locanda del Sant’uffizio restaurant is located in the very heart of the truffle region, and offers preparations of traditional piedmont cuisine and a prestigious selection of first-rate wine qualities that are typical of this area.