Langesund is a small coastal town in Telemark.
Bus from Kristandsand and Oslo stop on the highway which is a ten minute drive from Langesund.
There is a direct bus from Skien, Porsgrunn and Stathelle. From Porsgrunn you can take train to Oslo or Notodden.
- Wrigthegaarden. See a concert at Wrigthegaarden. Many top Norwegian artists play here and there are even a few international acts as well. Elton John, Bob Dylan and B.B. King all played here. Also be sure to catch the monday jam-session where you will find talented locals as well as famous local artists such as Vidar Busk and Stephen Ackles pop in in every now and then.
- Tangen Fort. Explore the Tangen Fort. A 30 minute walk south of the center of town through picturesque narrow streets with old white wooden buildings.
- Barracuda. Very good fish restaurant at the pier. Best in town.
- Papa's. Pizza
- Wrighteegaarden. Famous for concerts and lively summer crowd in the outdoor garden. Has an upstairs bar in the restaurant, a pub downstairs and a very nice seating area in the garden in the summer.
- Tordenskiold. If you want to sing karaoke with drunk locals from the countryside this is the place to be. Head upstairs for trance/techno.
- Skjaergaarden Hotel & Badepark. Four star hotel with water-park. 15-20 min. walk from the city center.
- Langesund Bad, Badeveien 5 (at the west-side of town, 5-10 minutes walk from the center), ☎ +4735973529, . An old style hotel.