Langesund is a small coastal town in Telemark.
Bus from Kristandsand and Oslo stop on the highway which is a ten minute drive from Langesund.
There is a direct bus from Skien, Porsgrunn and Stathelle. From Porsgrunn you can take train to Oslo or Notodden.
Langesund is a quite small town compared to seatowns in southern Europe. Getting around is by that, obviously not a big problem. You can easily walk trough the whole city, from the Bamble city hall in the north to the bay in the south. The city involves plenty of small streets of northern standard which is difficuld to drive in with a car. Walking is the best solution.
- Wrigthegaarden. See a concert at Wrigthegaarden. Many top Norwegian artists play here and there are even a few international acts as well. Elton John, Bob Dylan and B.B. King all played here. Also be sure to catch the monday jam-session where you will find talented locals as well as famous local artists such as Vidar Busk and Stephen Ackles pop in in every now and then.
- Tangen Fort. Explore the Tangen Fort. A 30 minute walk south of the center of town through picturesque narrow streets with old white wooden buildings.
- Barracuda. Very good fish restaurant at the pier. Best in town.
- Papa's. Pizza
- Wrighteegaarden. Famous for concerts and lively summer crowd in the outdoor garden. Has an upstairs bar in the restaurant, a pub downstairs and a very nice seating area in the garden in the summer.
- Tordenskiold. If you want to sing karaoke with drunk locals from the countryside this is the place to be. Head upstairs for trance/techno.
- Skjaergaarden Hotel & Badepark. Four star hotel with water-park. 15-20 min. walk from the city center.
- Langesund Bad, Badeveien 5 (at the west-side of town, 5-10 minutes walk from the center), ☎ +4735973529, . An old style hotel.