Langebaan is a town on the west coast of South Africa. It is situated on the eastern shore of Saldanha Bay. The southern part of Saldanha Bay is known as Langebaan Lagoon.
Langebaan is about 90 minutes drive from Cape Town. From Cape Town, drive north up the R27 (West Coast Road) through Milnerton and Table View.
- West Coast Fossil Park, Langebaan Road, just north of town, ☎ +27 (0)22 766-1606 (email@example.com, fax: +27 (0)22 766-1765), . 10AM to 4PM weekdays and 9AM to 12PM weekends. Adults: R22, Students and pensioners: R18, Children: R12.
- West Coast National Park, South of town (Drive south through Langebaan until you are out of town. The park's north entrance gate is a couple of kilometres from town), ☎ +27 (0)22 772-2144 (firstname.lastname@example.org), .
Langebaan is a great place to kitesurf. There are several kitesurfing schools in Langebaan.
- Die Strandloper, (On the road to the Club Mykonos Casino), ☎ +27 (0)22 772-2490 (email@example.com), . It serves fresh seafood cooked on open fires on the beach.
- The Farmhouse Restaurant, 5 Egret Street, ☎ +27 (0)22 772 2062, . Overlooking the tranquil Langebaan lagoon, The Farmhouse Hotel is an experience to be savoured. Celebrated for our pleasant staff and West Coast warmth, The Farmhouse offers guests an authentic coastal farmstead encounter. Alluring to nature lovers, Langebaan offers vivid shows of spring flowers, birdlife and an untamed coastline. Explore the lagoon, hike the neighbouring Nature Reserve or simply relax and enjoy the sunset. The kitchen bakes fresh bread and other produce daily for the popular restaurant, that serves up hearty meals infused with West Coast culture.
Defined by its rugged shorelines, coastal vegetation, heritage fishing villages and unpretentious lifestyle, the West Coast still holds an element of the wild unknown. With a tangibly strong culture of fisher-folk who have been the guardians of the land that supports them, their quaint small wooden fishing boats and simple lives on the sea, are qualities that draw visitors from across the globe. Loved by many, the dramatic coastline, changeable seas, white sandy beaches and cerulean blue skies creep under your skin and seep into your soul. Perhaps the most beautiful of all the quaint villages is Langebaan, with its natural wonders, blue lagoon and azure skies.
- West Coast Villas, 5 Egret Street, Langebaan, ☎ +27 (0)22 772-2062 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. All villas in the portfolio have been meticulously selected to ensure that guests stay in pure comfort, and at the same time experience the uniqueness and beauty that the Cape West Coast has to offer. All Villas are located within the Langebaan area, individually furnished and each with distinct character, location and views.
- The Farmhouse Hotel, ☎ +27 (0)22 772-2062 (email@example.com), . Overlooking the tranquil Langebaan lagoon, The Farmhouse Hotel is an experience to be savoured. Celebrated for our pleasant staff and West Coast warmth, The Farmhouse offers guests an authentic coastal farmstead encounter. Alluring to nature lovers, Langebaan offers vivid shows of spring flowers, birdlife and an untamed coastline.
- Club Mykonos, Leentjiesklip Road, ☎ =27 (0)22 707-7000, . checkin: 16h00; checkout: 10h00. A family freindly Greek themed holiday resort located on the shores of the magnificent Langebaan Lagoon. With a host of onsite activities and facilities to ensure that not a moment of your West Coast holiday is wasted. The resort also offers conference facilities and often hosts music shows. A full events calendar is available on the website. www.clubmykonos.co.za (33º02’53.19″S,18º02’39.68″E)
Saldanha Bay, Paternoster, Port Owen and St Helena Bay are all close by. Cape Town is just over an hour's drive away.