Lakeville is a rural town in Plymouth County, Massachusetts, in the United States. Lakeville is in Southeastern Massachusetts. It was originally part of the town of Middleboro. Lakeville became incorporated in 1853, named after its numerous bodies of water. It has over 4,000 acres of lakes. It is a small town with a land area of 29.9 square miles. Lakeville is sometimes referred to as "Pink Eye Village" by locals because of a highly populated area of albinos.
- Lakeville can be reached from Route 105 off Interstate 495 or by Route 140.
- Lakeville is less than an hour drive to/from Plymouth, Boston, Cape Cod, and Providence, RI.
- T.F. Green Airport in Warwick (Rhode Island)
- Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetss
- Taunton Municipal Airport in East Taunton, Massachusets (a small regional airport)
- MBTA Communter Rail Service off Route 105 with service to Boston
- Drive from point to point for quicker travel and convenience
- Bicycle through the various trails and roads
- Walk the sidewalks through the small town
- Assawompset Elementary School
- Austin Intermediate School
- Freetown-Lakeville Middle School
- Apponequet Regional High School
- Assawompset Pond, Great Quittacas Pond, Little Quittacas Pond, Pocksha Pond, Clear Pond, Long Pond, and Assawompsett Pond boating, swimming, fishing, swim lessons, life guard on duty
- Lakeville Public Library4 Precinct St. 508-947-9028
- Ted Williams Camp 346 Bedford St. 508 946-8829. recreation center with sports courts, fields, and a skate park
- Mullen Hill Baptist Church111 Highland Road. 508-947-2898
- Hollowaybrook Farm9 Quail Run. 508-947-8424. horse arena offering classes, clinics, and shows
- The Back Nine Club, 17 Heritage Hill Dr., 508-947-9991. Par 54, 18 holes over 3,012 yards. www.thebacknineclub.com
- Lakeville Country Club, 44 Clear Pond Rd., Phone: 508-947-6630. Par 72, 18 holes over 6,274 yards.
- Poquoy Brook Golf Course, 20 Leonard St., Phone: 508-947-5261. Par 72, 18 holes, 6,762 yards.
- Lakeside Family Festivala 15 minute drive to East Freetown. amusement rides, game booths, food, flea market. wheel chair accessibility
- Cranberry Tri-festa terrific weekend of racing including a sprint distance triathlon, a kids duathlon, and a classic olympic distance triathlon
- Lakeville Haunted House entertainment, food, music, airbrush painting, haunted tour through a spook house,and a hay ride through the woods. wheel chair accessibility
- skating at Ted Williams Camp
- Silver City Galleria Mallthe closest mall to Lakeville. about a 15 minute drive to Taunton.
- Walgreens 32 Main St. 508-923-6903
- Sedell's Pharmacy 290 Bedford St. 508-946-4766
- Carmen's Hair Studio 68 Main St. 508-946-2235
- Orchid of Hawaii, 201 Bedford St. 508-946-0088. Chinese food and karaoke music
- Dunkin Donuts 330 Bedford St. 508-923-6497
- Baldies Pizza and Subs 78 Main St. 508-947-1055
- J&J's Seafood Drive In 197 County St. 508-763-5977 Drive in Restaurant
- Somethin's Brewin' Cafe
- Randazzo Catering 
- Royal Pizza pizza, subs, sandwiches
- Sunshine Cafe breakfast and lunch
- Muckey's Liquors
- Tamarack Wine & Spirits 
- Savas Liquors 330 Bedford St. 508-947-2434
Nearby hotels/inns to Lakeville:
- Days Inn 30 East Clark Street Middleboro, MA 02346. 508-946-4400
- Fairfield Inn 4 Chalet Road, Middleboro, MA 02346. 508-946-4000
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites 43 Harding St, Middleboro, MA 02346. 508-946-3398
Lakeville is a starting point for a tour of any part of southern New England.
- Many of the region's major roads cross near Lakeville.
- Lakeville is only 45 minutes drive from some of southern New England's major tourist destinations, such as, Boston, Plymouth, Cape Cod, and Providence, RI and Newport, RI.