Lake Geneva is a city in Southeast Wisconsin.
US-12 connects the Lake Geneva area with Chicago to the southeast, Madison to the northwest, and with Interstate 43, which connects to areas such as Beloit and Greater Milwaukee. The closest major airports are Milwaukee General Mitchell International Airport and Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
Take the Union Pacific Northwest Metra line from Ogilvie Station in downtown Chicago to the end of the line, Harvard. From there, many resorts on and around Lake Geneva have free shuttles. Otherwise, you can take a taxi. It's about 15 minutes to the closest point on Lake Geneva (the village of Fontana), and it's about 30 minutes to the city of Lake Geneva (the farthest point from Harvard).
There is a law that all lakefront property must offer a bit of their land next to the water to form a path around the entire lake. Bicycles are not allowed, but even on foot, the path is a great way to see some really interesting property and great for a morning walk or anyone who loves to take in nature's beauty.
Parasailing, boating, sailing are all available at rental.
There are many little shops that line the streets of Lake Geneva that are great for leap-frogging between on a summer night.
The best of the shops are located on the two major roads of Broad & Main. The Treasure Cove  has made a name for itself by serving their tourists for over 20 years.
Other businesses that should be on your list to see in Lake Geneva are Gold Coast Inc. and Christine's. You will be sure to find something that will catch your eye!
Paws for Treats in Lake Geneva is located between Main Street Memories and Scents and Sensibilities. It offers a unique shopping experience for you and your pet. All pets are friends at Paws for Treats!
Scents and Sensibilities is truly an amazing and one-of-a-kind shopping experience. Excite your senses and create your own unique scent! Buy beautiful soaps, or perhaps a mud-mask? (pretty sure they sell those) also, bathrobes and other spa apparel and much more!
- Bob's Beach Shack, 140 Broad Street, Lake Geneva, WI, ☎ 262-348-9332. 10AM - Sunset. Shop in downtown Lake Geneva. India Clothing, Wind Chimes, Boogie Boards, Jewelry, Candles, Oils, Lake Geneva T-Shirts, Tie Dye.
- I Love Funky's, 222 Center Street, Lake Geneva, WI, ☎ 262-248-8474, . Open Everyday 10 - 6. The new I Love Funky's features an expanded women's fashion and accessory boutique including a nationally recognized collection of vintage jewelry. With a "funky" selection of unusual oddities, giftables, antiques, furniture, stained glass and high quality smalls, the experience cannot be missed.
- Chicago East Pizza. For a nice pizza, stop in this little locally owned pizzeria and get their famous stuffed pizza. Located on a side-street off downtown, it's a comfortable atmosphere to relax in.
- Speedo's- a cute little diner right off the lake that has a wide variety of foods for both adults and children including hand-dipped milkshakes.
- Popeye's- not to be confused with the fried chicken chain, Popeye's of Lake Geneva is a very lively restaurant with a wonderful ambiance and a good selection of food. Great for families or large groups. Expect a line here on summer weekends..
- The Clubhouse Inn, W3731 Club House Dr (3 miles north of downtown. Follow CTH H north (past the Sugar Shack), turn left on Club House Dr. Follow until intersection of Club House Dr. and Beach), ☎ +1 262 248-9862, . The Clubhouse Inn is an "old fashioned" Wisconsin style supperclub. It has been serving the Lake Geneva area with BBQ ribs along with steaks and seafood for over 40 years. Fine dining in a casual, family friendly atmosphere. Reservations encouraged for "no wait" seating. Available for dine-in, carry-out or private parties.
- In The Drink, W3860 Lake Shore Drive, ☎ +1 262-248-8855, . 11AM-2AM daily. A casual bar & grille with spectacular views of the lake. Homemade pizzas, ½ lb. burgers, a variety of delicious sandwiches, a Friday Fish Fry and daily specials. Shuffle board, pool table, electronic darts, and 4 42” TV's available. Handicapped accessible, ATM. Visa accepted.
- Carvetti's, 642 W Main St, ☎ +1 262 248-9752, . Largest outdoor multi-level beer garden alongside the White River, decorated with palm trees, two fully stocked tiki bars, sand volleyball court and 4 plasma TVs equipped with Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. The inside features 15 TVs. There are 2 outdoor patios with sand volleyball, baggo, kid games. A wide selection of vodkas, tequilas, frozen cocktails.
- SevenOaks, 682 Wells Street, . Small boutique country inn within a short walk of the beach or downtown. Features 9 suites in 7 one storey buildings. The one-bedroom suites feature a 32" TV, king-size bed, spa tub, shower, natural gas fireplace, and comfortable couch. Complimentary breakfast every morning that includes rolls, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and juice.
- Grand Geneva, 7036 Grand Geneva Way at Highways 50 East and 12, . Features 355 rooms and suites, spa and two 18-hole golf courses. In addition a three-chair/18-run ski and snowboard facility, 65,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, three restaurants, and a 4,100 foot executive airport.
- The Cove of Lake Geneva, 111 Center Street, . 222 guest suites. Rooms are equipped with fireplaces, whirlpools, kitchens and balconies. Outdoor and indoor pools. A weight room is available, but mostly just for show. A treadmill and a universal machine are about all you should expect to find here. The video game arcade in the hotel is of decent size and offers pinball and other video games that can keep the kids busy if need be.
- Timber Ridge Resort Lodge and Water Park , 7020 Grand Geneva Way, . All-season, all-suite resort covering 1,300 acres of land. Can accommodate up to 200 guests for business and social gatherings. Nature areas near the resort include Big Foot Beach State Park.
- Lake Geneva Motel, 524 Wells Street, ☎ (262) 248-3464, . Walking distance to lake and downtown, the motel has clean and comfortable rooms at affordable rates. Limited service motel.
|Routes through Lake Geneva