Lake Buena Vista is a municipality in Orange County, East Central Florida. Known mainly as home to the world famous Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista is situated by the Disney theme parks and is controlled by The Walt Disney Company. Founded in the 1960s, Walt Disney’s original plan for Lake Buena Vista included at least one futuristic living area, but was never built. This futuristic idea was later used at Epcot. Lake Buena Vista is sited southwest of Orlando, between Orlando and Kissimmee, along the Interstate 4 corridor.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) . The entry point for most international and domestic flights, is the closest airport (about 20 mi/30 km) to Lake Buena Vista. Be aware that airport security lines can become extremely long (1 hr), especially during the summer tourist season and near holidays. Combined with long check-in lines, it is advisable to arrive 2-3 hours before your scheduled departure. The airport offers transportation, shuttles, taxis, and car rentals while Disney offers its free Magical Express transportation from the airport to Disney World for visitors staying at the Disney World Resorts.
Most visitors will arrive by taking Interstate 4 and then traveling west on exit 68 from I-4.
By public transit
LYNX , the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority, offers limited bus service to Lake Buena Vista and Disney World, catering mainly to the workers in the Disney complex. Bus Link 50 connects the Magic Kingdom with Downtown Disney. Bus Link 111 connects Disney with the Orlando International Airport.
By private bus
Many hotels on offer complimentary scheduled bus service to and from the Disney theme parks. Check with the hotel for details.
Most convenient for getting around the sprawling theme parks complex. However, parking may be an issue if you do not go early.
- Cirque Du Soleil: La Nouba, Downtown Disney West Side, ☎ +1 407-939-7600, . One of a kind theatrical performance with amazing acts of human skill and strength.
- Disney World - the most well renowned theme park in the U.S. If you are in Lake Buena Vista, you are at Disney World.
- Downtown Disney has a large variety of specialty shops, including Magic Master (a magic shop) and Virgin Mega Store. Access to Downtown Disney does not require park entry fees.
- Black Angus Steak House, 12399 SR-535, . Very high quality steaks at an affordable price. $25.
- Carrabba's Italian Grill, 8702 Vineland Ave, . Reasonably priced Italian food. Good service.
- House of Blues, 1490 E Buena Vista Dr, ☎ +1 407-934-2583, . Cajun flavor and a wide variety of musical entertainment.
- Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining, 1482 E Buena Vista Dr, ☎ +1 407-938-9653, . Gourmet, high end dining at Downtown Disney.
Lodging in Lake Buena Vista is mainly for travellers visiting the Walt Disney World. Other cities and towns nearby offering lodging are: Celebration, Davenport, Kissimmee, and Orlando.
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, 2000 Hotel Plaza Blvd, ☎ +1 407-828-2424 (toll free: +1 800-348-3765, fax: +1 407 827-6390), .
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa, 1900 Buena Vista Dr, (toll free: +1 866-397-6516), . Located inside The Walt Disney Resort.
- Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre, 8501 Palm Pkwy, ☎ +1 407-239-6900 (toll free: +1 800-787-3636, fax: +1 407 239-1287), .
- Fairfield Inn at the Marriott Village, 8615 Vineland Ave, ☎ +1 407-938-9001, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 10AM. Awarded with the 2009 Trip Advisor's Travelers' Choice Award as a Top 10 Family Hotel in the U.S, this Orlando area family hotel is playful and accommodating.
- Holiday Inn, 1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, ☎ +1 407-828-8888, .
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, 1 Grand Cypress Blvd, ☎ +1 407-239-1234, . The 18-story, pyramid-shaped Hyatt Regency has three guestroom wings and a 200-foot atrium lobby. The hotel opened in 1984, and the rooms were completely renovated in 2001.
- Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa, 8112 Poinciana Blvd, ☎ +1 407-239-7100 (toll free: +1 866-401-2699), . Condominium resort
- Marriott Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista, 11450 Marbella Palm Ct, ☎ +1 407-465-0075 (fax: +1 407-465-0050), . Features include accommodations for extended stay business visitors, or events at the nearby Orange County Convention Center.
- Regal Sun Resort, 1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd, ☎ +1 407-828-4444 (toll free: +1 800-624-4109, LRichardson@RegalSunResort.com, fax: +1 407 828-8192), . An official Walt Disney World Resort Hotel offering a character breakfast on Tu, Th and Sa.
- Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, 12205 S Apopka Vineland Rd, ☎ +1 407-239-0444, . Offers an exciting destination for recreation and relaxation.
- Radisson, 12799 Apopka Vineland Rd, ☎ +1 407-597-3400, . Quality rooms at a decent price. Free internet, although somewhat unstable.
- Tampa and Busch Gardens are one hour southwest on I-4.
- Miami is 235 mi to the south, or about a 4-hr car ride. Accessing the Everglades National Park is common from Miami.
|Routes through Lake Buena Vista
wts:Category:Lake Buena Vista
WikiPedia:Lake Buena Vista, Florida