- Laguna Beach may also refer to Bang Tao, Phuket, Thailand.
Laguna Beach  is a resort and residential community on the coast in South Orange County in Southern California. It is known for its extensive artist community, seaside village atmosphere, beautiful beaches, and resort hotels. Fans of the Beach Boys will recall the mention of the city in the song "Surfin' Safari".
Orange County's John Wayne Airport  is only about 12 miles from Laguna Beach.
Laguna Beach is located at the intersection of California State Routes 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) and 133 (Laguna Canyon Road). Two routes from John Wayne Airport intersect CA-133: CA-73 (to the south) and Interstate 405 (to the north).
Amtrak and Metrolink stations are located in Irvine, Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano, and San Clemente.
A free shuttle service is available in the summer, with trolleys running regularly between the pageant site and downtown. Parking is at a premium in the summer; beware of having your car towed. You'll probably have to pay to park downtown in beach weather. The cheapest option is parking in the residential areas on the other side of PCH. If you are trying to get downtown a good place to park is the district parking lot just across from LBHS. From here you can take a short walk into town.
- Pageant of the Masters, . Held nightly during the summer, the Pageant of the Masters advertises itself as the place "where art comes to life", which is about the best description that could be given of an event that is unlike any other. For over seventy years this annual pageant has presented recreations of famous paintings, statues and other works of art on a stage with orchestral accompaniment. The catch is that real people act as models for the subjects depicted. The artwork is textured in such a way that it is often impossible to distinguish the 3-D reproduction from a 2-D image, so bring binoculars to get a closer look. Tickets sell out early every year, so plan ahead to attend this event.
- Art-A-Fair, 777 Laguna Canyon Road, ☎ 949-494-4514, . Sun-Thurs 10-9; Fri & Sat 10-10. The Art-A-Fair Festival is one of three premier outdoor art shows held annually in Laguna Beach. Located in Laguna Canyon between the Sawdust Festival and Festival of Arts in a beautiful garden setting, it features over 125 artists, plus live entertainment, fine food, demonstrations and workshops. Artists from California as well as many other states and countries apply annually and are accepted through a jury system, which contributes to the high quality of art and master crafts among participants. $3.50-7.00.
- Check out the art galleries on Coast Highway. Its a nice stroll.
- There is very good scuba and skin diving in Laguna. Diver's Cove is in north Laguna.
- There are some good surfing breaks in Laguna however it is always best to check with lifeguards for the designated areas since it is not allowed at many beaches. But be weary and considerate since several breaks are pretty localized. Surfing tends to be more laid back at Thalia st since there are already a ton of people out in the water anyways. Grab a sponge board and hit the glassy shore break at Main Beach, or the neck breakers at Crescent Bay.
Laguna is notorious for its shore breaking waves which cause countless neck and back injuries year round. Checking with lifeguards about the conditions is alway a must if you are thinking about going out in the water for your first time.
- There are some steep streets going to Top of the World and Arch Beach heights that are great for downhill skateboarding. Especially the fire road between T.O.W and Arch Beach heights. While you're up there check out the amazing view and a beautiful sunset.
- Awesome tide pools at Moss Street--bring the kids and check out some sea anemones.
- Experts only skimboarding at Victoria Beach and Aliso however there are strict rules about skimming during the summer.
- Good mountain biking in Laguna Canyon and Laguna Wilderness Park. Laguna's mountain biking tends to be very vertical and will test your limits. Going off roading from the fire road between Arch Beach Heights and T.O.W. can be quite a rush.
- Take a hike out in El Morro canyon.
- Every summer there is the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Canyon. It is going on at the same time as the Pageant of the Masters. Lots of brilliant local art to look at.
The sales tax here is 8.25%, .5% higher than all other Orange County cities.
Food here can be very expensive. There are some great Mexican restaurants and some cheaper lunchtime places.
- Adolfo's, 998 South Coast Hwy at Anita Street. ($reasonable)
- Hotel Laguna, 425 South Coast Hwy. The deck has great views of the beach and (relatively) cheap food like burgers and salads.
- La Paz. An awesome view looking south from Heisler Park.
- Las Brisas, 361 Cliff Dr., Great Mexican restaurant that has a patio with some great views of the ocean. It gets pretty packed on a nice summer day. It is also located on Pacific Coast Highway.
- Olamendis, 1100 South Coast Hwy.
- La Sirena, Downtown Languna. Looks like a hole in the wall but the best mexican food
Gina's Pizza for some great Itailian food. There are two locations in Laguna, off the Pacific Coast Highway.
- The Whitehouse, 340 S. Coast Hwy.
- Marine Room downtown.
- The Sandpiper is about six blocks south of Main Beach, it offers good local music.
- Comfort Inn Laguna, 23061 Avenida de la Carlota, +1 949 859-0166,.(off I-5 Lake Forest Dr nearby Laguna Hills Mall)
- Laguna Riviera Hotel, 825 S. Coast Highway, +1 949 494-1196, Fax: +1 949 494-8421, .
- America's Best Inn, 1404 N. Coast Highway, +1 949 494-6464, Fax: +1 949 494-9776, .
- Best Western Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, 1600 S Coast Highway, +1 949 497-7272, Toll-free: +1 888 296-6834, Fax: +1 949 497-8306, .
- Best Western Laguna Reef Inn, 30806 Coast Highway, +1 949 499-2227, Toll-free: +1 800 922-9905, Fax: +1 949 499-5575, .
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 2481 S.El Camino Real, +1 800 308-5306, 
- Holiday Inn, 696 South Coast Highway, +1 949 494-1001, .
- Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa By Marriott, 25135 Park Lantern, .
- Montage Resort & Spa Laguna Beach, 30801 South Coast Highway, Phone: 1-866-271-6953,  Conveniently located on Laguna Beach to create the ultimate luxury beachfront hotel for guests. Offers facilities for meetings, weddings, spa retreats, as well as a variety of fine dining restaurants.
"Oh, please do..," Locals will say. John Wayne (Actor and a distinguished Newport Beach Republican) Airport is twenty minutes away.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!
WikiPedia:Laguna Beach, California