La Goulette is located on the beach just north of Tunis.
By taxi, the town is 15 minutes from Tunis and costs 15TND. There is a train station, some 200 meters from the town center.
La Goulette is a also a port for cruise ships.
Town Center. Avenue Roosevelt on the right
you can walk ennit
- L'Aquarius, Grilled fresh fish, couscous, and steaks. Mains 12-15 TND.
- L'Avenir, 18, Avenue Roosevelt, tel: 71735758. Great food at reasonable prices; mains for 10-12TND; serves alcohol.
- La Sirene across from L'Avenir. Good and cheap fish. There is no menu list: You choose a fish from the big marple counter at the next door fishmonger, pay by weight, and add 2TND to have the fish prepared for you. You can have a salade tunisienne while the chef prepares the fish on the big coal-fired grill. No alcohol. A whole meal can be less than 10TND.
- Ma mie Lily just off Ave. Habib Bourguiba, on the street running from the Goulette Casino TGM stop. Small Tunisian-Jewish restaurant; delicious all-Mediterranean food; cozy atmosphere; open for dinner Saturday-Thursday. Mains around 15TND.
- La Jetee, tel: 216 71736000. Hotel at the beach -- 70TND per night.