Kurunegala is a city in the Wayamba Province of Sri Lanka.
- The local "Three-Wheelers" ('Tuk-Tuk) are an amazingly cheap and exciting way of seeing the city, and they run well into the night. Negotiate the fee with the driver before you hop in as they do not have meters.
- Walking is also recommended - the centre is not that large - as a way of seeing shops, shopping area and other sights around the city.
- Bright Bravo Hotel, 3rd Level, Municiple Shopping Complex, ☎ +94 (37) 2229099, +94 (37) 2220088 (firstname.lastname@example.org). All rooms are air-conditioned and has satallite TV, inland and IDD telephone facilities.
- Diya Dahara Hotel, 7 North Lake Rd, ☎ 94 (37) 2223452, +94 (37) 5266662 (email@example.com). Overlooking Kurunegala Lake.
- Hotel Kandyan Reach, 344-350, Kandy Rd (in Kandy-Kurunegala Highway), ☎ +94 (37) 2224218 / 2224466 / 2224540-3 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Three star hotel. Also offering wedding and conference hosting facilities.
- Mid City Rest, 142/6, Bauddhaloka Rd (in the heart of the town), ☎ 077 3567820. checkin: 1PM; checkout: noon. Surrounded with a well maintained garden. Eight spacious rooms with A/C and attached bathroom facilities. Delicious meals, homely atmosphere. 2,000.
- Ranthaliya Thanayama, Lake Rd, ☎ 94 (37) 94-37-2222-298.
- Saru Ketha, 2nd Mile Post, Dambulla Rd (in the outskirts of the city), ☎ +94 (37) 4690667, . An eco-friendly.
- Seasons Hotel, North Lake Rd, ☎ +94 (37) 2223452, +94 (37) 5266662.
- Hotel Senasuma, Colombo Rd, ☎ 94 (37) 2221396.
- Hotel Situ Medura, Mihindu Mawatha.
- Kandy is 42 km from Kurunegala. The journey takes about 40 minutes by car along the Kurunegala-Kandy highway. Public/private buses to Kandy operate from the Kurunegala Central Bus Stand located in the middile of the city.
- Dambulla is reachable within an hour by car from Kurunegala. The distance is 52 km. Public/Private buses also operate between the two cities.