Kuaotunu is a small coastal township situated on the east coast of the Coromandel Peninsula in the North Island of New Zealand. It is a popular destination for summer holidays for tourists on the Coromandel tourist circuit. It is one of the most northern beaches on the east coast of the Coromandel Peninsula and is popular with campers and beach lovers.
Kuaotunu is located north of Whitianga and east of Coromandel Town.
- Beach. The main thing to do here is enjoy the magnificent beach.
- Kuaotunu Charters, ☎ 07 866 0190, . Fishing charters, sightseeing trips and snorkelling around Kuaotunu.
- Kayaking. Kayaks can be hired from Kuaotunu Campground
- Luke’ s Kitchen, 20 Blackjack Road (behind the dairy), ☎ 07 866 4480, . A small Pizza place with a million dollar view.
- Kuaotunu Campground, 33 Bluff Rd, ☎ 07 866 5628, . Camping and campervan park located right next to the beach. Has cafe and take aways, open 7 days during the summer. Also rents kayaks.
- Black Jack Lodge, 201 State Highway 25, ☎ 07 866 2988, . Popular backpackers lodge located right on the beach.