| || |
| || |
|−|The Kurinji Flower is in full bloom around December once in 12 years, and it bathes the valley in a beautiful sea of blue. It was last in full bloom in 2006; its next bloom is expected in 2018. Kodaikanal is also referred as "Princess of Hill stations. " |+|
full in , and itthe in a of .last
in in ;
in . is as of .
| || |
Revision as of 17:06, 24 August 2012
Kodaikanal is one of Tamil Nadu's finest hill stations. It is situated 7,200 feet above sea level amongst the picturesque western ghats of India.
Kodaikanal is located in the palani hill range and is under the administrative control of Dindigul district of Tamilnadu
Phen375 - Very best Fat Burner
Secondly, it increases the capability with the full physique to melt away off that surplus extra fat from the system. It functions being a fat burner machine in your physique which increases your metabolic charge issues to do, providing you added electric power. Thirdly, it lets you have a audio rest resulting in a refreshing up coming day. Also a result of the truth it raises the all spherical electricity in the entire body it lessens the aches plus the pains with your overall shape. Which has a good toned whole entire body will increase your self-confidence. You obtain a new zeal in on a daily basis residing to try and do situation which you would not have dreamt of ahead of. You investigate a great deal extra selections in daily life.Aside from, you are able to attain slender and toned overall physique by working out in wellness and exercise centre but their also you are guaranteed about 5lbs-10lbs per month while this undesired fat burner offers you a ensure of 15-twenty lbs a month which seems genuinely unrealistic but it's the truth is genuinely true.You may recognize appetite suppression by a lot of medications but pretty a number of of them trigger adverse effects in your human body which grow to get visible after you improve aged. Phen375, nevertheless, is a extensively investigated and certified tablet which doesn't lead to any kind of aspect success.Phen375 is authorized with many of the advised checks and it has been verified guarded. For additional data, consider: Phen375 - The top Fat Burner, Phen375 - The last word Diet Drugs, Phen375 Reviews - The ultimate Urge for food Suppression
On account in the rising demand into the productive weight-loss drugs because of this of increasing population of fat men and women, an increasing number of manufactures have fallen about supply a number of for your current market looking for to benefit through the booming weight-loss field. Some capsules do operate but most appear to be just substantial disappointments. So as to stay away from were still left with slimming capsules that do not operate, would-be customers think about the earth broad online searching for the respective testimonies. Nevertheless, reading the reviews just isn't the smartest choice that one particular can examine while in search of the very best product or service for the reason that just about all reviews normally favor the makers while in the price of the shopper. Almost all of the testamonials are non trust-able and conducting study concerning the focus on solution appears like it truly is as a way to ahead. The simplest choice is usually to research for an product that is certainly gathering level of popularity devoid of any person condemning it; as well as the buy phen375 is just about the top rated fat reducers to choose from which happens to be attaining appreciable recognition.
Phen375 functions as a result of its mix of 5 synthesized ingredients. The components work as enzyme boosters to suppress urge for food and enhance the burning technique of fats and in addition get rid of harmful toxins with the entire body. The initial 4 components (Dimethypentylamine Hydrochloride, Trimethylxanthine, L-Carnitine and Sympathomimetic Amine) function by improving the natural chemical messenger AMP with the entire body processes to control sugar and fat fat burning capacity together with making a "full" sensation. Concurrently, the component Tongkat Ali permits you suppress urge for food by stimulating norepinephrine neurotransmitters. Last but not least, Capsaicin, or chili pepper extract used in Phen375 will help boost rate of metabolism and split down fats. Knowing from Phen375 reviews, every one of us understand how the 5 main Buy Phen375 United states On the net components work successfully in causing fat lack of 3-5 kilos each week along with the finest element is weight loss is obtained safely without causing any undesirable aspect results!
Given that the start from the 2000s, the health and health world carries on to become taken by storm. The supplements performing the storming are fat burners, occasionally regarded as weight loss pills, which are developed to enhance the quantity of fat and that is getting burned through the system and usually put off the human body from including more fat to its shops. These products are generally extremely handy while in the earlier phases of weight loss, when it is actually definitely challenging to prevent your body shifting into starvation mode and storing all of the gas that it will get. One among probably the most well-known fat burners that could allow you to in obtaining your weight loss aims is Phen375. Burning pill assists somebody by enhancing their metabolic process through a system regarded as thermogenosis. Thermogenosis represents a technique where the speed of energy getting burnt while in the system is higher, even if the body is at rest. The tablet may even cut down around the speed of digestion, halting the body from emotion hungry and keeping the food items while in the abdomen for extended. Due to the fact there may be food however readily available from the belly, the human body will likely need to use its gas reserves for power in an effort to digest and perform the opposite features with the human body. Phen375 review posts frequently state that the supplements can advertise your body to melt off significantly additional fat because of this method. To learn more on loose weight issues or to go through far more in-depth opinions.
The closest airports to Kodaikanal are Trichy 150 km, Madurai 120 km and Coimbatore 175 km.
Nearest railway station is Kodai Road at a distance of 100 km. From Kodairoad station, one has to travel only by road. Taxis are available for hire up to Kodaikanal but since these might the only mode of transport here, the prices are often not negotiable.
Another Railway station that is quite close is Dindigul Railway station. It is easier to come to kodaikanal using this station as it is a much bigger city. Once you get down at the Dindigul Railway station, you can get an autorickshaw for around Rs. 50 to come to the Dindigul bus stand. And from there, there are frequent buses to Vathlagundu from where there are many buses to Kodaikanal. Straight buses are available from Dindigul to Kodaikanal as well, but you might have to wait for an hour or so. It takes around 1 hour from Dindigul to Vathlagundu (Batlagundu) and then about 2 hours from Vathlagundu to Kodaikanal by bus.
From Dindigul city, kodaikanal is located at a distance of 90 kms approximately and there are plenty of buses plying from various parts of the state.
Buses ply from Chennai, Pondicherry, Trichy, Madurai, Dindigul,Palani and Coimbatore.
buses available from Madurai (Arapalayam) to kodaikanal at regular timings.
Enquiry Details : 0452-2361740
Reach Kodaikanal from Kodai Road (80kms) for Rs.1300/- approx, Dindigul or Madurai and then take a cab/taxi to Kodaikanal. You can arrange for pickups from nearby places with the few Kodaikanal cabs (Check out kodaicabs.com) websites available. The drive from Kodai road takes approximately 2 hrs while the drive from Madurai takes approximately 3 1/2 hours and from Dindigul it takes about 2 hrs.
From Cochin/Kochi(kerala) it is 295 kms via the hill station of Munnar(kerala).The route to be taken is Kochi-Muvattupuzha-Kothamangalam-Adimali-Munnar-Devikulam-Poopara-Bodi-Theni-Kodaikanal which is the NH49 Kochi-Madurai.
From Alappuzha or Kottayam, the route is via Kumily along Kottayam-Kumily road, KK Road
Boating on the Kodai Lake
- Berijam Lake - perhaps the most pristine of the three lakes in Kodai. This is a plastic free zone and it is beautiful and serene. The lake lies within a reserved forest region. You need to get permission to visit this lake. Permissions need to be obtained on the morning of the intended day of visit from the forest office. Usually the person who arranges the vehicle will arrange the permit. Moreover, in peak season, a limited number of vehicles are allowed in per day.
- Coakers Walk- If you wish to catch the scenic valleys, the best time to visit the place would be before 2PM. But if you want to watch snow-like clouds (only in winter) beneath you form an ocean, reach the place between 3PM and 6PM. Try and catch the sunrise here or in the nearby Greenlands Hostel. A marvel. Also try out the telescope near the main gate. This place is very near the bus stand.
- Bryant park - A must see. Its main entrance is on the road surrounding the lake and is a 10-minute walk from the entrance to the boat club. Nicely maintained and a huge park. Their flower shows during summer are very famous.
- Kodai Lake- If you are going in winter, go boating in the evening, as it's an amazing experience to boat through fog settling on the lake. The lake is very near the bus stand. This is a star shaped lake and walking around it during the night is one of the best walking experience you can have in your life. Be cautious that there are lot of dogs around this lake and some places are extremely dark. Walk between 6 and 7 pm, then head back to your room.
- Kurinjiandavar Temple - about 4 km from the lake is a temple whose presiding God is Lord Muruga. The flowers inside the temple bloom once in 12 years. One can get a view of the Palani Hills and the Kodaikanal Town from this temple. During the winter, the view of Kodai city and Palani from the two ends of the temple is blocked. However, in summer, the visibility is good and hence the experience, too.
Flowers of the Kurinji plant that bloom once every twelve years
- Green Valley View/Suicide Point- has a more than 5000 ft steep drop from this point. The monkeys are a good attraction at this point. Renamed Green Valley View, apparently to prevent people from being lured to commit suicide.
- Pillar Rocks - huge steep cliffs. Watch out for the cross at the top of the mountain hoisted by an English adventure enthusiast.
- Silent Valley View
- Devil's Kitchen - a cave known more to the locals, First being "Green Valley View" and "Pillar Rocks" and then finally "Guna Cave". Watch out for the deep hidden ravines. What would appear like mere dark gutters are actually a deep fall. Many unsuspecting people have fallen prey to the "devil's trap". So, watch your step!
- Guna Caves - a cave which became very famous after the movie GUNA. Very steep and risky to get in. The public may not be allowed to enter this cave nowadays, though it's a very good place to take pics. But if you are not a professional spelunker, a trip to this cave may be your last. Getting back will be problem as it's very dark and there could be about a 90% chance of suffering a free fall.
- Pine Forest - it's a really very good forest of pine trees. You can ride horses there. It's on the way to the guna cave.
- Shanthi Valley - another pine forest nice place.
- Silver Cascade - it's a nice waterfall on the road side from kodai road to kodai kanal, just before 4-5 kms from kodai kanal. The cold water flows and it's really super to bathe in the cold water and travel in between the eucalyptus trees. If you are going to kodai kanal by private vehicle on the way, you can visit the place. Buy fresh carrots and some exotic veggies around here.
- Old Suicide Point This place is about 5 minutes before the pine forest (the main/old pine forest I mean. In recent days tourists get down to see the pine forest in many places as an entire stretch is full of pine trees) while driving from the observatory side. You need to get down and walk towards the cliff. Here you will see a small pathway on the left side. If you take this path and walk for about 10 minutes you will reach the old suicide point. The view from there is simply breathtaking.
- Bear Shola falls This is a really beautiful water falls. But during some seasons there may not be any water there. But climbing up the falls is a good trek.
- Wax Museum Recently opened wax museum is situated near Green Valley View/Suicide Point.
- Cycle around the lake - and watch the clouds while they slowly descend onto the water; cycles are available for hire at the lake on an hourly basis. It is possible to cycle to other places although cycling one way will be difficult due to the hilly terrain. Do check the cycles before setting out.
- Boating at the Kodai lake - paddle and row boats are available at the lake. Entrance is via the Kodaikanal Boat Club.
- Trekking - Kodai offers several scenic trekking spots, including one which is to walk along the stream which goes to dolphin nose. Kodai tourist office has a trekking guide which is available for free there, which lists all the possible trekking routes and difficulty levels. The tourist office advises people to take guides and offers to provide them, although this is not necessary. An easy trek is the Perumalmalai trek which is the tallest mountain that area.
- Wander About - Kodai has numerous waterfalls and beautiful views not mentioned in the tourist guides, so wandering about can bring you to some spectacular place.
- Horse Riding - Right near the front of the entrance to the boat club, you can rent a horse (with the trainer) to take you around the lake.
- Watch a Tamil movie - go down the PT road, continue to S-road. Then turn left, after the petroleum station. Just ask which way is to cinema, almost every local knows it. Vellaiyappan cinema theatre - is old building with relatively big screen and cheap tickets - great experience. Ticket cost 30 rs (15 may 2009)
- fun park, near fairy falls (via peter school), ☎ 094871447131.
- Kodaikanal Yoga Center, . Located in an ecological farm, Kodaikanal Yoga Center is a space for spiritual practice in nature. The center hosts regular weekly Yoga and meditation workshops. Complementing these are courses, lectures and trainings that include: healing arts, ecological lifestyle, meditative art and more.
- fun park, near fairy falls (via peter school), ☎ 094871447131.
- Kodaikanal Public School, .
- Kodaikanal Christian School.
- Zion School.
- Kodaikanal International School (KIS).
- Kodaikanal Christian College - Prakashapuram, Kodaikanal.
- Bhavan's Gandhi Vidyashram - part of the Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan. 
- St. Peter's Matriculation School
- South Indian Zen Meditation retreats with Master Ama Samy. 
- kodaikanal Institute of Technology(KIT)
Annai Therasa University
- Cheese Factory - Various Cheeses.
- Home made Chocolates - Kodai's shops are stocked with home made chocolates. These are a lot cheaper compared to the major brands.
- Eucalyptus Oil and herbal oils- A Variety of oils that claim to relieve joint pains and other aches are also available at every shop.
- Spices Corner . Has an exclusive range of essential and aromatic oils, herbal teas, coffees, mouth watering chocolates & spices.
There is a State Bank of India (SBI) ATM near the petrol pump at the Seven Road Junction which accepts other banks cards as well.
- The Potters Shed, PT Road (near seven roads junction), ☎ +91 4542 240244, . 09:00-19:30. The Potters Shed produces a wide variety of handmade stoneware pottery ~ both crockery and artefacts. All products are microwavable, dish-washer safe and oven-proof. The factory is located in a village 7 kms outside Kodai. The Potters Shed was born from a dream. It all started about 20 years ago in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu, when a teacher at the Kodaikanal International School happened to see a village potter at work. Enchanted by the beauty of the teenaged potter's hands, as they shaped the clay on his rustic wheel, the germ of an idea sprouted in his mind. The realization that village potters lead a hand-to-mouth existence, always on the verge of dire poverty, and his commitment to help disadvantaged children prompted him to begin turning his dream into a reality. Quite ignorant of the technicalities of training a village potter in the intricacies of glazed stoneware production, he boldly asked master potters in Pondichery, India, if they would take on the young man, Subramaniam, as a trainee. For them it was a bold experiment and an act of extraordinary generosity. Four years later, Subramaniam was ready to move to Kodaikanal, and the Potters Shed Trust came into being. The production unit and sales outlet are both located in the hill station of Kodaikanal, in South India. The trustees who manage the production and sale of pottery are all committed to keeping the dream alive, and ensuring the success of the experiment. More village potters have been trained since then, and they have lifted themselves out of poverty, into a life of self sustenance and dignity. Since its creation the trust has changed the lives of other rural children by providing financial assistance for their education and health. Each year, the number of children who benefit from the profits generated by the production and sale of pottery, increases. Today more than 147 children are educated by the Potters Shed. The children are all from economically disadvantaged families. Parents of these children are either employed as unskilled or part-time workers, or unemployed due to illness or disability. The trust provides tuition and an annual medical examination for children ranging in age from 3 to 18 years in ten different local schools. Once a child is admitted into the programme, the Trust funds her/his education through school. The trust is aided in its efforts by donations from people who want to make a difference in the lives of children. It appreciates this assistance because, with it, the trust is able to increase the number of young people who benefit from the advantages of a formal education. For more information on how you can contribute visit www.ruralpreventures.com
- Eden Paradise Restaurant, Paradise Compound, Laws Ghat Road. Serves Tasty ethnic Keralite cuisine
- Astoria Veg Reasturant - This is one of the best vegetarian reasturant in the Kodai
- Pastry Corner - Cakes, Pastry, Coffee and Tea are excellent in this place. People here are well educated and kind. Located near bus stand and Astoria Veg Restaurant. Never miss this small but a good place.
- Rasoi, 106 Maratha Shopping Complex, Annasalai. Serves excellent gujarati and veg. Punjabi thali. The Chola batora and alu paratha are their specialities.
- Tibetan Brothers - PT Road. The food is mouth watering and authentic Tibetan and Chinese. Try the steamed momos or the Thukpa. The owner who doubles up as a waiter is very courteous - and very passionate about his country. So the restaurant walls are plastered with photos of Lhasa, Potala palace and the Dalai and Panchen lamas.
- The Royal Tibet -PT Road. In this restaurant you will get best momos specially potato cheese momo for vegetarian, for non-veg you can choose beef,chicken and mutton. Noodles are freshly made everyday and you get fantastic soups. It gets bit noisy when restaurants gets jam packed with kodaikanal international school students.
- Tava, 7 road junction. Outstanding Sindhi food, express service.
- Pine & Petals, JC Residency,Convent Road,Naidupuram. Multi-cusine restaurant.
- Sree Krishna Restaurant Bhojanalaya, Nellai Nadar Bazaar, Fairy Falls, Pambarpuram (Kodaikanal, 624103), ☎ 9047856670. 100% pure veg Bhojanalaya, serving North Indian, Rajashthani & Gujarati food
- PotLuck, PT Road (Opposite the milk union). 10:30-7:00. A cute little European style cafe with outdoor seating on the verandah(balcony); PotLuck serves fresh food and off-the-shelf delicacies carefully cooked in Kodai kitchens. The fresh food consists of an international menu including pastas, quesadillas, sandwiches, Spanish omelettes and waffles/pancakes. A great place to hang out for either a meal or a snack - and be sure to order either their special cappuccino or Mayan hot cocoa! You can take away off-the-shelf items like coffee-bean chocolates, lemon curd, Mexican salsas, burgers, fresh thin crust pizzas, garlic pickles and marmalades. All profits go towards providing scholarships for needy children. Rs.40-110.
- Cloud Street, PT Road. 8:30-8:30. Serves pasta, sizzlers, Continental food and other international cuisine. The barbeque chicken sizzlers, pastas, lemon cake and the chocolate biscuits are really yummy.
- Chocolate factory, (Near Petrol Station). Chocolate factory - Good collection of home made chocolate. They also have a good varieties of fruit syrup filled chocolate. Try the hot chocolate, Rs 60 per cup.
There is a shop near the bus stand where you can get some standard Indian whisky, beer, vodka, etc.
- Cranberry Residency, 2/73 ECC Road Naidupuram (Naidupuram Hill Top, 1.5 Km from Heart of town or 15 Mins walking), ☎ +914542 242044 (email@example.com), . Rs.1000/- onwards.
Morning View from Greenland Hostel
Staying in Cottage or a Bungalow is probably better than staying in a closed AC room in some random hotel. If you stay somewhere 3-4 km from main city you might get cheaper cottages and bungalow that too with good view. But it is always preferable to stay near the Lake, where one doesn't need to worry about food and you can have nice walk in the evenings.
- Greenlands Youth Hostel, next to Coakers Walk. This is the best place if you want the best view and also the feel of the bygone times. You can get dormitories as well as single/double rooms and the prices are very reasonable. However, do book in advance.Fresh food both veg and non veg available. one kilometer distance from the crowded areas. Quiet place facing the valley view. Friendly people. ☎ +91 4542 240899.
However,If you wish to stay close to the main city area,
- Kodai Retreat, #55 , Edistone Compound, Convent Rd, Kodaikanal, India 624 101 (about 1.5 kms away from the Lake), ☎ Mobile: +91 9842412190; Land Line: (04542) 240911,242144 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Hotel Astoria (Budget) would be a good option.
- Hotel Bala International is another option. Both are at just 5 mins walking distance from Coakers walk and Kodai lake.
- New Gold Nest, about 3 km away from the lake and on the way to the Kurinjiandavar Temple. This property comprises individual cottages which are located overlooking the valley and offer enchanting views of the clouds rising through the gaps in the mountains.
- Hotel Spring Valley, 25,Laws Ghat Road (about 1.5 kms away from the Lake, near Zion Matriculation), ☎ +9198655 91202 (email@example.com), .
- Lilly's Valley Resor, 17/178 Sivanandi Road (1 1/2 Km from Heart of town or 15 Mins walking), . Lilly’s was the very first resort to be built in Kodaikanal back in 1982 by Mr. Raj A. Sukumar, who felt the place resembled somewhere in England he had seen.
- Hotel Gurupriya, 17 Laws Ghat Road (Near Zion Matriculation School, 1.5 Km from Heart of town or 15 Mins walking), ☎ +914542 41136 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Rs.750/- onwards.
- Elephant Valley Hotel, Ganesh Puram,Perumal Malai, Kodaikanal. (Pethupari (Via)), ☎ +91-9364455440 (email@example.com), . Elephant Valley Eco Farm Hotel is a 100 acre nature reserve and organic farm welcoming eco-tourists. If you aspire to embrace nature, revive forgotten traditions and discover extraordinary animal species than Elephant Valley is just the place you need. Build on eco-friendly principles, it offers 24 aesthetic villas plus a Tree House and serve healthy gourmet fusion food, prepared using organic vegetables than you can pick-up with the chef in the garden. Learn about coffee from the plant to the cup. Elephant Valley coffee has already made a name for itself. You can also go trekking and horse riding to discover its amazing biodiversity and landscapes: native birds, leopards, deers, buffalos and elephants. Traiff INR 3,300/- to 7,200/-.
- Hotel RJ INN, ()located in the Fern Hill Road (10-15 walk able from lake) offers you a memorable stay on suitable budget. Contact - +91 9500645583 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Misty Mountain, Independent cotages. Available single and double bedrooms cottages.Nice place for honey moon couples and family get-togethers. Two kms from bus stand. Cottages are placed at the top of secured independent hills Ph: 9962087706.
- Kodai Resort Hotel in front of Coakers Walk, . Good Cottages and good lawn with Birds flying Ducks in the garden.
- Snooze Inn, . A well run budget hotel situated in the heart of Kodaikanal, known for its clean rooms and prompt service.
- Villa Retreat, next to Coakers Walk, . Strategic location, mind blowing views. A nice little cozy resort located bang on the Coaker's walk. On walking distance is Kodai lake, Coaker's walk and Bryant Park. The hotel staff is very courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean with simple decor. Best thing is they serve fresh food hence request the customer to order well in time. Good variety for both Veg and Non-Veg cuisine. Contact no. - 9244243940.
- Valley View Inn, Luxury hotel in the true sense. Three star - Nearer to Coakers Walk, . High quality veg food.
- Bhadra Homes, ()on the way to Bearshola falls (about 1 KM from lake) is a homestay which offers a cozy and comfortable atmosphere. Contact - 075986 89007, 096291 83982
- Carlton Hotel. This is one of the best hotels with a great view of the Kodai Lake. Book in the off season and you could get a 3 nights package for about 16K (for 2 people) with food and sight seeing. A good time for the honeymooners would be to go during the winter season. The hotel is within 5 minutes walking distance from restaurants and the local market. Also, there are small eateries and shops right outside the hotel.
Tourist Office (Govt. of Tamil Nadu): Township Bus Stand Rest House
Complex (Next Bus Stand), Kodaikanal, Phone: 04542 241675
- Van Allen Hospital - The only hospital available in Kodaikanal. Established by American missionaries. For major treatments, you have to go to Madurai hospitals.