===Koh Chang Tai===
===Koh Chang Tai===
This fisherman village is located on the south part of the East Coast.
This fisherman village is located on the south part of the East Coast.
*<sleep name="Baan Yemaya" alt=
"Baan Yemaya"" address="Salak phet, Koh chang tai, Trad, Trat, Thailand 23170" directions="In the center of the village, 500m from the main road" url="https://www.facebook.com/BaanYemaya/info" price="600 baht" email="firstname.lastname@example.org">Baan Yemaya is a super cosy guesthouse in the center of a fisherman village. The house itself is over the sea, you can reach it on a pier, just follow the tables, or ask locals. The guesthouse is run by Akrapar Hoonsart, or simply Air, who spent many years travelling around the globe. This helped her to build a really cozy, friendly clean guesthuouse which mixes the best of Asia and other parts of the world. Enjoy your stay here and try the perfect food. One free kayak is available for use. </sleep> |+|
*<sleep name="Baan Yemaya" alt="" address="Salak phet, Koh chang tai, Trad, Trat, Thailand 23170" directions="In the center of the village, 500m from the main road" url="https://www.facebook.com/BaanYemaya/info" price="600 baht" email="email@example.com">Baan Yemaya is a super cosy guesthouse in the center of a fisherman village. The house itself is over the sea, you can reach it on a pier, just follow the tables, or ask locals. guesthouse is run by Akrapar Hoonsart, or simply Air, who spent many years travelling around the globe. This helped her to build a cozy, friendly guesthuouse which mixes the best of Asia and other parts of the world. Enjoy your stay and try the perfect food. One free kayak is available for . </sleep>
| || |
=== Klong Kloi Beach===
=== Klong Kloi Beach===
Revision as of 10:44, 23 November 2012
- For other places with the same name, see Ko Chang (disambiguation).
Ko Chang (เกาะช้าง) is an island in Trat Province, Eastern Thailand. Ko Chang is Thailand's second largest island, and the biggest in Eastern Thailand. With about 5,000 permanent residents the island is not heavily populated, but tourism (and development) has increased dramatically over the last few years.
White Sands Beach on Ko Chang
Ko Chang is one of Thailand's most beautiful islands with long white sandy beaches, most half deserted. The island is also home to a wide range of wildlife, including a good selection of birds, snakes, deer and a number of elephants. The island and its vicinity are great places for snorkeling, diving and jungle hiking. The "discovery" of the island as a tourist destination since 2000 has brought on a large amount of rapid development, and while still far quieter than places like Phuket or Ko Samui, it's probably better to go now than later. Regarding services and activities specifically aimed at tourists prices have reached such a level that the islanders are pricing themselves out of the market when compared to the other islands.
Prior to World War II, Ko Chang was little known by anyone. During this period, the few families there made a living growing coconuts and fruit on the mainland. In January 1941, during the Japanese occupation, the Thai Navy fought the French in a battle in the waters to the southeast of Ko Chang.
Nothing else happened to Ko Chang until the first backpacker foreigners started arriving on the back of local fishing boats in the mid-1970s. In 1982, Ko Chang along with surrounding area became part of the protected Mu Ko Chang National Marine Park. Only very recently, in less than ten years, Ko Chang has turned itself into a major tourist destination, both for foreigners and local Thais.
This sudden tourism boom however, has been fraught with controversy concerning land encroachment etc. The government is trying to "develop" it from a backpackers' paradise to a top-level destination, and construction work is going on throughout the island, with basic huts torn down to make way for fancy resorts.
Ko Chang is the largest island in the Ko Chang Archipelago. The name means Elephant Island, named for the elephant shape of its headland, although elephants are not indigenous to the island.
Ko Chang has an area of approximately 429 square kilometres. The topography contains high mountains and complex stone cliffs. The highest mount is Khao Salak Phet which is 744 metres high, rich in fertile evergreen forest which is the main water source. Therefore, there are many waterfalls, beaches and splendid reefs in the west of the island.
Most accommodation is located on the western side of the island, where the sandy beaches are. On the eastern side of the island there are no sandy beaches and this side is far less touristy. There are some nice waterfalls though.
70 percent of this undisturbed island is rainforest, steep hills, cliffs, waterfalls, and wildlife, fine beaches, coral reefs and an abundance of marine life. The island also offers tall mountains and rock cliffs.
| Daily highs (°C)
| Nightly lows (°C)
| Precipitation (mm)
Ko Chang has the same seasons as Bangkok. The best season to go is the (comparatively) cool season between November and February. March to May are roasting hot and between June and October it rains, and a lot at that: 4,000 mm in an average year. Many guest houses close during this season, so accommodation is limited.
Bangkok Airways  flies twice a day from Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport (the "new" BKK) to Trat. The flights depart at 08:45 and 17:05, and take 1 hour exactly. Costs are between 1,800B and 3,300B.
Direct door-to-door minibus transfers from Trat airport to Ko Chang resorts cost 475 baht/person one way and 800 baht/person return including the ferry crossing.
From Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport, take the free express shuttle bus from outside the arrivals concourse to the airport's own bus terminal, and from there the next available bus to either Trat or Chanthaburi, then proceed as described below.
From Bangkok the most economical way to get to Laem Ngop (where the Ko Chang ferry piers are) is to take a 1st class bus #999 from the Eastern (Ekamai) Bus Terminal direct to the Laem Ngop piers. The fare is 268 baht and takes just over five hours. Departures from Ekamai are at 07:45 & 09:45, and return at 14:00 and 16:00 (it seems no more 4:00pm bus). Subject to seat availability, this bus can also be boarded at Chanthaburi and at Suvarnabhumi Airport. However, as of December 2009 there was a more comfortable way to travel from Bangkok Airport to Ko Chang: the new bus line # 392 starts from the airport at 07:30 and returns from Koh Chang at 12:30. Tickets can be bought online at the Suvarnabhumi Burapha Bus Company . As of 1 Nov. 2010 there are also express shared minibuses running from Suvarnabhumi airport non-stop to Lonely Beach on Ko Chang . Tickets are 308 baht for the big bus and 600 baht (800 baht round trip)for the Lonely Beach Express minibus which includes a ticket for the ferry. However, this service can be unreliable; jammed minivans with unsecure luggage and drivers breaking traffic rules. It is also not guaranteed that your return will be by minivan, but rather with a large bus carrying people for other destinations which requires lenghty stops along the way.
Alternatively, there are 1st class (approx. 5 hours, around 250 baht) and 2nd class services from both the Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekamai) and Northern Bus Terminal (Moh Chit) direct to Trat, and frequent songthaew services from Trat to Laem Ngop (approx. 30 minutes, 50 baht/person). Departures from Ekamai are more frequent than from Moh Chit. If coming by bus from the south, the #511 air-con bus can be used to connect directly between Bangkok's Southern (Sai Tai Mai) and Eastern (Ekamai) bus terminals.
Connection in Trat can also be used if coming from Pattaya (2nd class bus, 4 hours, around 200 baht).
There are direct minibus services to Laem Ngop from Pattaya, Ban Phe (gateway to Ko Samet), and Bangkok's Khao San Road and Victory monument (in front of the Payathai hospital). They, however, are less comfortable and spacious than public buses, and you may be charged significantly more by travel agencies selling tickets to these, as often with any tourist-oriented transportation in Thailand.
It may also be possible to proceed directly to Laem Ngop by minibus or songthaew from the Hat Lek / Koh Kong border crossing with southern Cambodia, depending on the time of year, time of day, etc - enquire locally. Price around 120 baht (one way) from the border to Trat bus station
Most ferries operate from Laem Ngop, which has three piers .
The Laem Ngop (Tha Khrom Luang or Tha Laern Ngop) pier is approximately 700 metres west of Laem Ngop.
The Centrepoint (Tha Centre Point) pier is located about 3.5 km north-west of Laem Ngop. These piers serve both vehicle and passenger ferries.
Koh Chang vehicle ferry pier is located in Thammachat Bay (Ao Thammachat), around 15 km west of Laem Ngop.
All piers on Ko Chang are situated on the eastern side of the island. The major piers are the two Dan Kao piers, Tha Dan Kao and Tha Ferry Dan Kao, who handles most of the traffic.
To take a boat from Laem Ngop to the Dan Kao piers take around 45 minutes. The car ferry from Laem Ngop take around 1 hour and arrives at the Tha Ferry Dan Kao pier, situated 400 metres southeast of the Tha Dan Kao pier. The car ferry from Thammachat Bay stops at the Ko Chang Ferry Pier (Tha Ferry Ko Chang) in the Sapparot Bay (Ao Sapparot), 3 kilometres northwest from the Dan Kao piers.
Light meals, fruit, fruits and beverages are available at all the piers and on the car ferries.
There are two operators that provide daily bus services from Ko Kood to Ko Chang. One is based in Ban Bao, the other on Kai Bae Beach  Rates are the same but departures times can vary, so make sure to book ahead.
By taxi or limousine
From Bangkok or Suvarnabhumi international airport the ride takes a total of about 5-5.5 hours by Limousine  or Taxi. Most taxi driver will decline this journey as the risk of empty return is too high for them. Most (airport) limousines or minibuses  will deliver you at the hotel or resort on Koh Chang, especially if they can make it back to the mainland before the last ferry sails.
Hillside road on the southern part of the island
In the daytime, you can catch a songthaew on its route around the main road for 50 or 100 baht/person, depending how far you go. The rates are generally much higher than in other places, but the vehicles are almost new and in excellent condition. Starting from 5.00pm, many of them start to ask "taxi" price, telling you that they operate as a public transport only until that time, and may quote prices as high as say 500 baht from Lonely Beach to the Dan Kao pier (bargain if you choose to hire, do not support silly prices!). However, if you have some time and patience, you still can try and have a "shared" ride with some drivers, maybe for a higher rate if they expect little or no other passengers.
These taxis are also waiting at the Dan Kao Pier (50 baht/person to White Sand beach, 100 baht to Lonely Beach). At the Dan Kao Ferry-Pier there may be no taxis available. If you arrive without a vehicle you may have to walk the 400 metres to Dan Kao Pier.
Small motorcycles can be hired for 150-250B per day. The main road is sealed and almost circles the island and there are plans to complete the circuit in the near future. Cars are also available for rental, most hotels can help with it. 4x4 car recommended, since some roads might be in bad condition, especially near Lonely Beach.
If there are 2 or more people going with you, hiring a songthaew may cost the same price, or even be cheaper than paying per each person in a "shared" songthaew (there is no difference, an empty songthaew can easily be hired). Just do not forget to bargain if their price sounds quite silly when compared, say, to Bangkok taxi-meter (on Ko Chang it can be difficult if not impossible to get the same price, but at least it should not cost double or even more). Generaly most people just stay on the beach of their choice and walk to wherever they want to go.
Hitching on Ko Chang is also an alternative if you choose not to pay the often exorbitant fees of the songthaew. Many islanders are more than willing to pick up a hitchhiker who happens to be going the same way they are. A Coke or cold bottle of green tea for the driver are always appreciated at the end of your journey.
- The Mu Ko Chang National Park - National Marine Park comprising parts of Ko Chang and 46 other islands
- War memorial monument - in the very south of the island
- Klong Plu - the most popular waterfall, and the only one on the west side of the island
- Klong Nonsi - waterfall on the east side of the island
- Klong Nueng - said to be the most breathtaking waterfall
- Khiri Petch - medium sized waterfall, about 3 kilometres from Salak Petch village
- Kongoi - 5 waterfalls near Bang Bao
- The Thanmayom - near Thanmayom pier
Go Diving or Learn to dive  in the beautiful waters of Koh Chang with DivingScool Koh Chang
situated in the lovely village of Bang Bao, the center of all diving activities on Koh Chang.
Come diving or snorkeling with "Eco-Divers Koh Chang", Booking office can be found in White Sand Beach ( near Kacha Hotel ), Kaibae ( just in front Kaibae Resort, on the main street ).The main office is located in front of the 7/11 at the entrance of Klong Prao and is open from 9 am to 8 pm.
Eco-Divers Contact : (+66) 03 955 72 96
Website : http://www.ecodivers-kohchang.com
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk with a Ranger from the Than Mayom Waterfall to the Khlong-Plu Waterfall. The tour takes 8-10 hours and costs 500 baht per person.
Trek in the jungle with Tan, 089-6452019, 089-8322531, who has been taking guided treks for over 10 years and speaks very good English.
Learn Thai cooking in one of the 3 thai cooking school located around klong prao Kati Culinary, Koh Chang Thai cooking, Blue lagoon
Discover or Practice Yoga , Reiki or Chakras balancing at Baan Zen 
Guided sea kayaking trips. KayakChang.com is run by a British qualified guides. They use imported sea kayaks and equipment. They offer single day expeditions off the west coast and multi day expeditions in the southern islands.
Enjoy “rope and harness”  tree climbing and share the fun activities and amazing views from the top of the trees.
Charter a sailing boat 
Snorkelling, Jungle Trekking, Elephant Treks and many more tours and activities can be arranged by agencies on the island.
Meet the Retired Koh Chang Elephants at the North end of White Sand Beach, 
Slow Life Cycling Koh Chang Bicycle Tour  Tel:084-880-0930 If you're looking to explore Koh Chang in different perspective with insight information by a great funny local guide, here's your answer. Cycling through local areas to see culture and experience the way of local living with fascinating scenery surrounding is an ideal way to see this island. Go to slowlifecycling.com for more info.
Latest fashion trends at Madoosika Bang Bao Plaza. Chic, BOHO, Gypsy, Hipie, Maxi dress, Party and Sun dress. 
- Books Thailand, Pearl Beach, Koh Chang (next to the main Post Office), ☎ 081-919-8219, . This Bookshop next to the island's main Post Office has a good selection of second-hand books in many languages.
- Scuba Zone (Scuba Koh Chang), 21/23 moo4 Whitesand, ☎ 0800 974 111, . An extensive range of snorkeling and diving equipment focusing more on quality than price, but still cheaper than Western prices.
- Koh Chang Sun, Koh Chang, . The Koh Chang Sun is Koh Changs online magazine with current events, what to do and where to go along with solid advice along the way. If you want the latest information check the site to see what to do.
Menus are similar to the rest of Thailand, but an island-surcharge is high not so much due to higher transportation cost but because of tourist development. There are many restaurants on any given beach open both daytime and evening with a strong concentration of tourist-minded facilities in White Sand Beach.
The beaches of Ko Chang are all dotted with restaurants dishing up some delicious seafood as well as offering romantic evening views. And don't forget to try Koh Chang's very own wine which comes in a variety of fruity flavors including: mangosteen, pineapple and grape.
WHITE SAND BEACH
Sunsets can be watched in style from the terrace at the Top Resort in south White Sand Beach from the advantage of a cliff top, bring appetite and your camera, no reservations needed.
- Apple (แอปเปิ้ล บังกะโล), 7/4 Moo 4, ☎ +66 39 551-228. Su-F 08:00-00:00, Sa 08:00-01:00. Probably the cheapest restaurant/bar along White Sand Beach. It has a good location in the middle of the beach. Don't expect anything special, just the usual Thai and Italian dishes common at these tourist spots. Upstairs there is a small hut where you can chill out with a beer on pillows. Closing times are early, but if you order before closing time you can keep sitting there as long as you want. They also have 21 small wooden bungalows available for 800-4,000 baht/night.
- Rock Sand Restaurant, North White Sand Beach (Turn right on the beach by the 7/11 and KC), . 7.00-22.00. Thai and Western food. Speciality: Taste of Thailand and Fingerlicking good.
- Nong Bua Seafood (White Sand Beach), (Opposite BanPu Resort), ☎ +66 39 551595, . 7.00-22.00. You might wonder why this place got busy every night if you pass by. A family owned restaurant where has opened more than 30 years. They offer varieties of Thai, Chinese, European and especially fresh seafood.
KLONG PRAO BEACH
- Ton sai restaurant ; Relax atmosphere; Creative thai cuisine ; Friendly staff
"La Provence restaurant " Authentique French cuisine from South of France , with "petanque , pool tables
Bruno the owner - cook has been working 15 years in St Tropez and has thousand of stories about movies star ..
BANG BAO PIER
- Nok Noi sea food restaurant
Each village offers something different, but taken as a whole, Ko Chang's nightlife is fairly mellow compared to other islands. There are some quiet beach bars dotted around White Sand Beach with amazing sunset views.
- The Jungle Queen Live Music bar is right next to Alina Grande, and the house band plays from around 8pm – 12 am, with a repertoire ranging from Rihanna to AC/DC. They also have free pool, and the place doesen't close until 5am, so it's a good place to take the party after the nightclub and the other bars start closing. Service is good, and the staff are friendly and efficient.
- ONE opened in December 2011, and is the only nightclub on the island. It's quickly become one of the most popular venues on Koh Chang, and there's usually a good blend of locals and visitors. Entrance fee is 100 baht, sometimes free if you get there early on event nights. The atmosphere is really good, and there are special events or theme nights with drink promotions and guest DJs every week. Great place for dancing.
Lonely Beach's nightlife and bar scene is gaining a reputation everyday among the backpacker community. It is the place to be for "full moon" imitations, bucket parties and dance till you pass out disco bars. The rubbish left over from the parties are barely cleaned up, so the next day you can see exactly where the party took place from the main road.
- Rock Sand, White Sand Beach, . Special: Taste of Thailand.
- Cafe del Sunshine, Lonely Beach (Walk towards Sunset, on your left), ☎ +66 856773993. 07:00-00:00. Thai food and a great selection of western brunch and lunch dishes. Set in a nicely designed and relaxing building. 50-100 bht.
Hat Sai Khao (White Sand Beach)
Most of the hotels are located on the west side of the island, with many resorts and guest houses all along the road that leads down the coast. Generally speaking, prices drop off the further away from the port you get. Supply far out-strips demand, so finding a place to stay should never be hard, though the best or cheapest places may fill up at weekends.
- Chang Cliff Resort, 16/14 Moo 4, White Sand Beach, . 1,500 baht.
- Starbeach Bungalows, . at the right hand side of white sand beach, low price bungalows, all equipped with balcony, private bathroom/hot water. There's also an excellent restaurant. 400 baht low season/ 500-750 baht high season.
- Independent Bo Bungalows. 350-800 baht.
- KC Grande Resort, White Sand Beach, . Bungalow village with restaurant. 1,800 baht.
- Koh Chang Kacha Resort & Spa, . In the centre of the beach. Fantastic beachside swimming pool, beach-front bungalow-villas, pool-side deluxe villas, deluxe hotel rooms, and many rows of bungalow in tropical-style garden. The best place for families. Good value for money, friendly staff, delicious food. 2,100-3,800 baht.
- Pattamas, (at the southern end of White Sand Beach), ☎ +66-8-9608-8668, . Roomy upstairs apartment with balcony, lounge and bathroom. The rooms are a great value. Three cheaper rooms available at 400-800 baht. Pattamas restaurant serves authentic Thai dishes, coffee, teas, beers, and spirits. Staff are friendly and happy. 800-2,000 baht.
- Pump's House. It is possible to book a double room for four for 2,500 baht (high season). 1,500 baht.
- Rock Sand Resort, . Right by the sea with a terrace over the sea to sit and watch the Koh Chang Sunsets. Just above and behind the restaurant Rock Sand has rooms for backpackers and flashpackers.
- S.P. Place, (On the north side of the beach, across from 15 Palms). checkout: Noon. It appears to be family owned, but the family isn't very friendly. The cleaning staff are, though. Wi-fi is not free. Rooms are clean, TV/Balcony/AC/Private Bathroom. 550 baht, though possible to negotiate down to 500 for an air-con room. There's also a 500B key deposit.
- Top Resort, (at the southern end of White Sand Beach), . Guests can head to their own private beach if they get the expensive 4000 baht rooms and villas. Flagship are the seaview villas. Friendly staff, German and Thai food (and beer). Reasonable for families and single travellers. 900-4000 baht.
- White Sand Beach Resort, .
Klong Son Bay
- Siam Royal View, . Chang Noi Beach - Villas & Beach Bungalows Koh Chang
Klong Prao Beach
- Amari Emerald Cove Koh Chang (Amari Emerald Cove Koh Chang), ☎ +66 (0) 3955 2000 (fax: +66 (0) 3955 2001), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Amari Emerald Cove, Koh Chang is located along the peaceful shores of Klong Prao Beach. This tropical getaway offers a dive centre, a 50-metre lap pool and 5 dining options. 3000-5000 baht.
- Aana Resort and Spa (Aana Resort and Spa), (near Klong Prao Beach), . Aana Resort and Spa is an upscale retreat. Some rooms have outdoor plunge pools and amazing views. Two gorgeous swimming pools, restaurant, two bars and a lovely (yet pricey) spa. The resort is 100m up the river that spills out into the bay and Klong Prao beach; free kayaks are available for use. Excellent service. 5000-13000 baht.
- Big Elk, (300 metres from Klong Prao beach), . Cozy Bungalow Park with holiday houses, bungalows, swimming pool, pool table, internet. 650-1500 baht.
Kai Bae Beach
- The Chill Resort and Spa (The Chill Koh Chang), 19/21 Moo 4, Kai Bae Beach, Koh Chang, Trat 23170 Thailand, ☎ +66 (0) 39 552 555 (email@example.com, fax: +66 (0) 39 552 599), . Beautiful, modern luxury resort with 38 rooms, including Deluxe rooms, Deluxe Pool Access rooms, Jacuzzi Suites, and Pool Villas. Breakfast served any time of the day. Free WiFi & internet stations. 6,250-15,000 baht.
- Gajapuri Resort and Spa, . Five-star bungalows on the beach. 4000-13,000 baht.
- Garden Resort. Quiet and charming resort with luxury bungalows, swimming pool, high speed internet and just 150 metres from the beach. 1200-2700 baht.
- Koh Chang Cliff Beach Resort, . 2000 baht.
- Sea View Resort & Spa, . They have over 100 rooms. 1600-10,000 baht.
- Siam Bay Resort Koh Chang, 100 Moo 4, ☎ +66-8-7026-5515, . 60 luxury bungalows on the beach, large family bungalows on the hill side and new seaview and pool villas. 300-4000 baht.
Hat Tha Nam (Lonely Beach)
Be aware that, following a great deal of development, the name "Lonely Beach" has become something of a misnomer. Lonely Beach is the party capital of the island and each guesthouse on Lonely Beach takes it in turns to hold "party night," during which the partying and attendant thumping music goes on until about 5am and all the revellers on the island come to your guesthouse. If you do not want to be kept awake then Lonely Beach is definetly not the place for you. Most guest-houses giving "Lonely Beach" as address are not located along the actual beach but about 500 m down the road. From the village access to the sea is not possible as the coast is rocky.
- Bhumiyama Beach Resort (ภูมิยามะ บีช รีสอร์ท), 99/1 Moo 1 (next to Nature Resort), ☎ +66-8-1860-4623, . The only four-star resort on Lonely Beach, offering beautiful sea view bungalows and hotel rooms. 3,000 baht.
- Ice Beach, (follow signs to Sun Flower, then Sea Flower). Wooden bungalows, cheapest on Lonely Beach at 200 baht (100b low season) for a shared bathroom & fan double room comes equipped with mosquito net, 5-10 minute walk to Lonely Beach. 200+ baht.
- Joy Cottage, (on the main road right by the bridge), ☎ +66-39-696-607/+66-87-028-0796, . Great backpacker place. Listen to live music, enjoy great food and just chill out there. Nice little huts, that come with mosquito net, attached shower and toilet and free Wi-Fi, though signal is very weak at huts but works well in restaurant. 400 baht.
- Kachapura, ☎ +66-8-6050-0754. Newly built, well-appointed concrete bungalows spread around a serene tropical garden layout in Hat Tha Nam's 'town' strip. It's a trek through the garden to get to the beach, which is anyway rather rocky, so better to walk 5-10 minutes down the road to the beach and bar at Siam Huts. Some noise from nearby bars at night in the bungalows near the road. 500-700 baht.
- Koh Chang Pool Villas, 100/1 Moo 4, Lonely Beach, ☎ +66-870265515, . checkin: 13:00; checkout: 12:00. Best located Pool Villas on Koh Chang, right on the white sand of Lonely beach. Officially a part of the Siam Beach Resort, but in a class of their own. Most popular with romantic couples and young families, because these villa have only a single large bed / livingroom. 3,900 baht - 7,600 baht.
- Little Eden, 4/47 Moo 1, Lonely Beach, ☎ +66-8-4867-7459. Small bungalow resort, up the hill away from the bustling village. Comfortable bungalows individually placed, 12 with fans 2 with air-con, 1 twin double room, hot showers, mosquito net, toiletries and free high-speed Wi-Fi. Restaurant has Thai and foreign food. Every bungalow has a hammock and a gallery in the bathroom.
- Lonely Beach Resort, . New concrete bungalows with fan, tv and wifi at about 500B. Restaurant serves Thai and western food. A 5-10 minute walk to the sandy beach.
- Nature Beach Resort. Staff is stealing money from the rooms after cleaning. Fire shows and parties are disgusting
- Oasis Koh Chang (Koh Chang Bungalows), Koh Chang (Lonely Beach Soi 3 (opposite the pharmacy)), ☎ +66 (0)81 721 2547 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Situated on a hillside with sunset views from the restaurant deck, where you can enjoy home-style Thai dishes, sandwiches or western favorites. The wooden huts come with fan and mosquito net, attached open-air bathroom with shower. Free WiFi. 350 baht. (12.000452,102.300307)
- Paradise Cottages, (at the end of Lonely Beach), . It has very nice, large and clean waterfront concrete cottages. There is a rocky waterfront, an amazing bar, and lounging areas with very friendly staff and outstanding food. Wi-Fi is free. 700 baht, 1000 for waterfront.
- P & Nico Guest House and Restaurant. Excellent pizzas and Thai food;
- Seaflower, (follow signs to Sun Flower). Brand new bungalow resort completed in 2011. Great price range (between 500 Baht for 1-2 person bungalow with fan and private bathroom, and 1000 Baht for sea front bungalow with air-con, cable TV, private bathroom). All bungalows are clean, new, and the grounds are very well taken care of on a daily basis by a maintenance crew. Nice lounging area on a patch of lawn right next to the water, and only a 5-10 minute walk along the water's edge to Lonely Beach. Very quiet at night considering how incredibly close by all the action is "downtown"! Free Wifi. 500 Baht in high season.
- Siam Beach Resort Koh Chang, (right on the beach), ☎ +66-8-7026-5515, . Formerly a backpacker place, converted into a 3,5 star resort with large swimming pool in early 2006. Premium Sea view and Deluxe pool view hotel rooms, all with a sea view, cable TV, refrigerator, hot water, comfortable beds and breakfast for two. 1500 baht.
- Siam Hut, . Right on the beach, offering a quiet atmosphere (unless they are hosting a beach party, in which case don't expect to sleep before 2am), friendly staff and delicious food. You can choose between cheaper spartan waterfront bungalows or slightly more expensive air-conditioned bungalows. 200_400 baht.
- Sun Flower, (follow the signs). Nice bungalows with well-priced western and Thai restaurant with nightly movie screenings, free Wifi and reclining cushions. 300-500 baht.
Most of this beach is rocky, only the southern end - which is dominated by the resort, not really welcoming non-resdidents - is sandy.
- Koh Chang Bailan Bay Resort, (first resort south of Lonely Beach, about halfway up a steep rise in the road), ☎ +66-8-1782-1710. Spacious, ensuite, well-designed bungalows built into the hillside, going all the way down to the beach. Fan and air-conditioned rooms available. Friendly staff. Reception and restaurant are only open from 8AM till 8PM. 350-1000 baht.
- Ao Bai Lan Beach Resort (อ่าวใบลาน บีช รีสอร์ท), Laem Bai Lan, ☎ +66-8-1761-4582. 150-200 baht.
- Bai Lan Hut, ☎ +66-39-558-084/5 (email@example.com), . Each of the 22 bungalows has a computer inside, free wifi, hot shower, fan and air-conditioned rooms available. The bungalows are right by the sea with sunset views. 500-1500 baht.
- Bai Lan Resort (ใบลาน รีสอร์ท), 6/1 Tambon Ko Chang Tai. They have six bungalows, pitching a private tent costs 50 baht per person per night. 100 baht.
- Whitehouse Bailan Resort (ไวท์เฮ้าส์ ใบลาน รีสอร์ท), ☎ +66-8-1409-8307, . Self-styled "The Best of Bailan," cozy white cottages, swimming pool. air con, hot shower with open dec, free wi-fii. They have 15 standard rooms and 18 cottages. 800-1500 baht.
Bang Bao Bay
Bang Bao is on the south side of the island. It's little more than a long stretch of wooden deck that takes probably 5 minutes to walk from end to end, with dive shops, seafood restaurants, local housing and a few places that provide accommodation for visitors.
- Alysia Spring Resort Bang Bao. 27 rooms with air-conditioning, hot water, fridge, cable TV, safe and balcony. Internet. 1 km to beach, free shuttle service. English and German-speaking staff. 800 baht.
- Bang Bao Sea Hut (บางเบ้า ซี ฮัท).
- B. Phoem Phun Thap (บ. เพิ่มพูลทรัพย์), 24/1 Moo 1, ☎ +66-8-1732-2798. 2,000 baht.
- The Buddha View, 28 Moo 1 Bang Bao Pier (end of the pier in Bang Bao fishing village), ☎ 03 955 81 57, . The Buddha View, a restaurant and guesthouse, offers a panoramic view and 8 cozy rooms, all with fan and aircon. The bathrooms are very spacious and built to European standards. Free Wi-Fi. 600-1,400 baht a night, depending on the season and the type of room.
Tan Mayom Beach
The first beach on the east has very few places to stay as there is no sandy beach. The place is very natural, though.
Koh Chang Tai
This fisherman village is located on the south part of the East Coast.
- Baan Yemaya, Salak phet, Koh chang tai, Trad, Trat, Thailand 23170 (In the center of the village, 500m from the main road), (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Baan Yemaya is a super cosy guesthouse in the center of a fisherman village. The house itself is over the sea, you can reach it on a pier, just follow the tables, or ask locals. This newly built guesthouse is run by Akrapar Hoonsart, or simply Air, who spent many years travelling around the globe. This helped her to build a very cozy, friendly guesthuouse which mixes the best of Asia and other parts of the world. Enjoy your stay in the really clean rooms and try the perfect food. One free kayak is available to explore the area, and you can also go for fishing with the locals. Do not forget to book in time, they have only 2 rooms. 600 baht.
Klong Kloi Beach
Klong Kloi Beach is roughly 20 minutes on foot away from the little fishing village Bang Bao. On the beach itself are no shops for buying things, just some medium priced bars.
- Klong Kloi Cottage, (First Resort on the Klong Kloi Beach). 300-700 Baht a night, depending on the season the type of the room (higher prices with AC). Klong Kloi Cottage is located on the Klong Kloi Beach. The beach is very quite and cleaned on a daily basis. The rooms have a fan, a shower and a western toilet. The higher priced rooms have AC and warm water. Free Wi-Fi is available at the bar and in the rooms as well. They have a very good cook, who makes all types of thai food. On the evening BBQ is available. The owners are very friendly and like to teach a few words of thai, to whoever is interested. The owners also help you with booking of all types of activities like diving, snorkeling, jungle trekking etc. or order you a taxi, if you need one. Klong Kloi is a good place to stay for everyone who wants a relaxing stay on a quite beach.
Overnight camping is possible. 2-person tents cost 150 baht and 8-person tents cost 400 baht. You can also camp in your own tent for 20 baht/person.
If you want to spend one night in the jungle, it can be arranged at a fee of 700 baht.
- Aiyapura Resort & Spa, . Thai Villas and suites surrounded by greenery tropical garden with ocean view. 4000 baht.
- Siam Bay Resort Koh Chang, . Luxury bungalows right on the beach, or enjoy the spacious family bungalows with a Sea View. 600-3500 baht.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!