Klin is a small ancient town in Moscow Oblast.
Klin has been known since 1317. In 1482, it was incorporated into Muscovy with the rest of the Grand Princedom of Tver. Among several churches, the most noteworthy are the 16th century church of the Dormition cloister and the baroque Resurrection cathedral (1712). Town status was granted in 1781.
Klin is a station on the railway line Moscow - Saint Petersburg and elektichka may bring you from Leningradsky railway station in Moscow to the town within 1h 40min. Take a train to Tver, Konakovo or Klin. In the morning and in the evening the train departs every 20 min, in daytime - every hour.
Bus trip is also possible. № 437 departs from metro station Rechnoy Vokzal (Речной вокзал). Travel time is 1h 20min.
There is a lot of public buses.
House of P. I. Chaikovsky
- Tchaikovsky House-Museum (Дом-музей Чайковского), Chaikovskogo st, 18 (Located in the center of the town. If you ride by bus 437, ask the driver to stop at the Chaikovsky square (Сквер Чайковского) and go ahead), ☎ +7 (095)539-81-96 (email@example.com, fax: (095)539-84-67), . 10:00 - 18:00, except Wednesday, Thursday and the last Monday of the month. Box office until 17:00. The Museum was founded in 1894. Fee 280 RUB.
- McDonalds, Pervomayskaya,2, ☎ (49624) 5-82-15. round-the-clock.
- Cafe Capocabana, Gagarina st, 6, ☎ (49624) 5-83-56, . 11.00 - 24.00. Coffee-house.
- Cossack Hut (Казачий Курень), Gagarin st, 49, ☎ (49624) 3-25-79, . 12.00-24.00. Restaurant with South Russian cuisine a-la-Cossack.
- Dmitry Mendeleyev Museum in Boblovo. Take a bus № 42 in Klin and arrive to Chumichovo (Чумичёво) bus stop, than walk 20 min. Phone: +7(49624)601-25, (49624)263-91. Museum is closed on Mo, Tu.