Kissimmee is a city in Osceola County, Florida. Kissimmee (pronounced /kiˈsimi/, accent on second syllable) is a popular Central Florida tourist destination because of its sunny weather, Spring Training baseball, and close proximity to Disney World. It is located just South of Orlando, FL, in what is commonly referred to as the "Kissimmee-St. Cloud" area, due to the short distance between it and the adjacent city of St. Cloud. It is centered directly between St. Cloud and Disney World on Highway 192 and leads into route 535, which leads directly into Disney World theme parks. Most tourist activity is centered around Highway 192 (also known as Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway and Vine Street in the city of Kissimmee).
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) , which is about a 25 minute drive down I-4. You are probably better off taking a toll road though as traffic on I-4 is horrendous.
- Kissimmee Gateway Airport (ISM) - The closest general aviation facility to Walt Disney World, Sea World, UNIVERSAL Orlando, the Orlando-Orange County Convention Center. Used primarily for private business jets or small commercial aircraft.
- Florida Turnpike - Exit 242 going North, and Exit 249 coming South.
- AMTRAK offers daily train service on the Silver Star and Silver Meteor routes.
Orlando Cab Co. - Kissimmee Division 407-575-7757 http://www.orlandotg.com
- LYNX bus system, 407-841-LYNX .
Stay away from I-4 when possible. The Osceola Parkway is a nice, empty toll road that runs parallel to 192.
- Premier Exotic Limousine, +1 321 206-3308, .
- Old Town(by mile marker 8 on Hwy. 192.)- They have a classic car show on the weekends, lots of shops and a couple restaurants, and a free ferris wheel (if you find the coupon in one of the many coupon books) as well as other rides (including a giant human sling shot). Coupon books found in all hotels, Denny's, Pancake House.
- Osceola Heritage Park,1875 Silver Spur Lane, (321)-697-3333,(Two miles north on I-92 from Turnpike)- Complex that includes Osceola County Stadium, Spring Training home of the Houston Astros, as well as Silver Spurs Arena and other facilities.
- Warbird Air Museum, 231 N Hoagland Blvd, 407-933-1942, . This is an active work shop rather than a museum which specialises in restoring WW2 aircraft to flying condition. Guided tours are available of the work shops and hangers which are crammed with wrecks and bits and pieces of rare aircraft, as well as planes which are flyable or are being restored.
- SkyScapes Balloon Tours -+1 407 856 email@example.com
- Boggy Creek Airboat & Swamp Buggy Rides +1 407 344 9550 firstname.lastname@example.org . Naturalists often refer to Boggy Creek wetlands as, 'The Central Florida Everglades'. Take one of these airboat or swamp buggy rides for an up-close look at exotic birds, turtles. Open Hours9a-5:30p m-s
- Lake Tohopekaliga - Known locally as "Lake Toho," it is the largest lake in Osceola County, and is renowned for some of the best bass fishing in the state.
- Cypress Lake Airboat Tours (Osprey Eco Tours), 3301 Lake Cypress Road (Go east on Hwy. 192 to St. Cloud, turn right (South) on Vermont Ave.( aka Canoe Creek Road) go 11.6 miles to Lake Cypress Road turn right then 2.3 miles), ☎ 407-957-2277, . 10:00 - 4:30. Scenic airboat ride through an undeveloped region of Florida where alligators and bald eagles are commonly encountered. Call for Reservations. (,one hour)
- The Loop  - Large shopping center, opened in 2007, with a wide variety of anchor stores, restaurants, and specialty retailers, including a movie theater.
- Arabian Nights, 3081 Arabian Nights Boulevard (1/2 mile East of I-4 on Highway 192, mile marker 8), ☎ 1 800-553-6116, . a dinner show that brings a fairytale to life on horseback.
- Azteca's Mexican Restaurant  - 809 North Main St. 407-933-8155. Unique dining environment offering authentic Mexican food.
- Capone's, 4740 W. Hwy. 192, ☎ 1-800-220-8428, . Gangster themed dinner show featuring period costumes and comedy.
- Fat Boys' Bar-BQ, 1606 W Vine St, ☎ (407) 847-7098, . Traditional, quality Bar-BQ. A local favorite. $6-$8.
- Gator's Dockside, 715 Vine Street East, ☎ 1-407-847-9595, . Sport's bar serving grilled wings that the locals swear by.
- Kissimmee Steak House, 2047 E Irlo Bronson Mem Hwy (Less than one mile west of Florida Turnpike, Exit 244), . High quality steak.
- Medieval Times, 4510 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy., ☎ 1-888-WE-JOUST, . Dinner show with medieval reenactments including horseback jousting, all set in a huge castle. $56.95.
- Tarantino's Italian Restaurant, 10 W Monument Ave, ☎ (407) 870-2622, . Family owned and operated Italian restaurant.
- Downtown Disney has some pricey restaurants, including a seafood place shaped like a Mississippi Riverboat, an Italian place, and a restaurant owned by world-famous Emeril Lagasse. Emeril's amazing restaurants are actually at Universal Studios. Although, Downtown Disney does boast one of Wolfgang Puck's fabulous eateries.
See Also: Davenport, Orlando, Lake Buena Vista.
- Amerisuites, 4991 Calypso Cay Way, Tel: +1 407 997 1300 (Fax: +1 407 997-1301), .
- Best Western Lake Side, 7769 State Route, +1 800 651-1005, .
- Best Western Maingate East, 4018 West Vine Street, +1 877 444-2407, .
- La Quinta Inn and Suites Orlando Hotel, +1 407 997-1700 (Fax: +1 407 997-1701), .
- Masters Inn Kissimmee, 5367 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, (407) 396-4020, . Hotel near Disney, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot. AAA approved economy hotel offers discounted room rates close to the parks, and free shuttle transportation to get you there.
- Masters Inn Maingate, 2945 Entry Point Boulevard, (407) 396-7743, . Masters Inn near Disney's Main Gate, just minutes to Disney, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot. AAA approved Main Gate hotel offers spacious suites, free continental breakfast, and free transportation to Disney.
- Meridian Palms, 3000 Maingate Lane, ☎ 1-800-391-7909 (email@example.com, fax: 1.407.396.8989), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. $89-$129.
- Quality Suites, 5876 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, +1 407 396-8040, Toll-free: 800 268-6048, .
- Ramada Gateway Kissimmee, 7470 West Irlo Bronson Hwy, +1 407-396-4400, Toll-free: 1-800-327-9170 . Only one mile to Walt Disney World. A designated "Walt Disney World Good Neighbor" hotel. Restaurant on-site, fitness center, discount tickets on website, 2 pools, meeting space and free shuttle to Walt Disney World.
- Runaway Beach Club Condominium Resort, 3000 Bonfire Beach Drive, (866) 289-0238, . Runaway Beach Club is an Orlando family resort where you can choose a 1-, 2- or 3-bedroom suite near Orlando, FL with Key West cottage-style furnishings.
- Runaway Beach Hotel, Ph: 407-997-1900 Toll Free: 866-289-0238, . Each Runaway Beach villa suite in Orlando, Florida is furnished in a Key West cottage style with a full kitchen and the comforts of home.
- Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2775 Florida Plaza Blvd, +1 407-397-7848, . All-suite rooms with free Internet access, continental breakfast, and shuttle service to major Orlando theme parks. Outdoor pool open 24 hours a day.
- Cypress Cove Nudist Resort, 4425 Pleasant Hill Road, Toll Free (888) 683-3140, . Nude resort offering villas and camper amenities.
- Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee, 7491 W.Irlo Bronson HWY. 192, +1 407-396-6000, .
- Ramada Heritage Park Kissimmee, 2145 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial, +1 407-846-4646, .
- Ramada Resort Eastgate, 5150 West Irlo Bronson Hwy, +1 407-396-1111, .
- Westgate Towers, 7600 West Irlo Bronson Hwy, 1-888-808-7410,. One mile from the gates of Walt Disney World Resort®, Westgate Towers is a perfect resort hotel choice for your Orlando family vacation. Close to Orlando’s most popular tourist attractions including Downtown Disney & Pleasure Island, SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Orlando® Resort, Gatorland, outlet shopping and first class golf courses. Property has a restaurant on-site, pools, a gym and interior corridor rooms.
- Westgate Town Center Resort, 2770 Old Lake Wilson Rd, 1-888-808-7410,. Studios, 2, 3, 4 bedroom villas with full kitchens, washer/dryers and whirlpool tubs. Property amenities include movie theater, kids club, mini golf, tennis, marina, pools, hot tubs and much more. One mile from the gates of Walt Disney World Resort®, and 15 minutes to SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Orlando® Resort and Gatorland.
- Westgate Vacation Villas, 2770 Old Lake Wilson Rd, 1-888-808-7410,. One and two bedroom villas that can sleep up to 10 people with full kitchens, washer/dryers and whirlpool tubs. Property amenities include deli, kids club, basketball and volleyball courts, tennis, marina, pools, hot tubs and much more. One mile from the gates of Walt Disney World Resort®, and minutes to SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Orlando® Resort, Gatorland and outlet shopping.
- Gaylord Palms Resort & Spa, 6000 W Osceola Parkway, +1 407-586-0000. Located five minutes from Walt Disney World, this amazing resort includes a 4.5-acre glass-covered atrium that celebrates the entire state of Florida. Features restaurants, La Petite Academy Kids Station, Canyon Ranch SpaClub, shops and live animal displays. You have to visit this hotel to believe it!
Vacation Rental Homes
- Lowery's Vacation Homes, 7864 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Kissimmee, FL 34747, +1 800-569-3797.  We specialize in Orlando area rentals including wide range of pool homes, town homes and condos. We feature three, four and five star properties from budget conscious to luxury in prime locations such as Glenbrook, Emerald Island, Bridgewater Crossing, Indian Creek, Windsor Palms, Highlands Reserve, Legacy Park, Tuscan Ridge, Windsor Hills, Venetian Bay and many others.
- Discount Vacation Rentals Online, 7862 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy Suite 127, Kissimmee, FL 34747, +1 407-492-0094.
DVRO specializes in Vacation Rentals and Homes, Condos and Town Houses in the immediate Orlando – Disney World area.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!