Kingsport is a city in Eastern Tennessee.
Tri-Cities Regional Airport 
Interstates I-81 and I-26. (I-26 may be shown as I-181 on older maps or GPS navigators.)
U.S. Highways 11-W and 23
Kingsport has a public transit system with buses that resemble trolley cars. Routes cover downtown, major employers and major shopping areas.
Driving about is easy. Traffic is much lighter than in most cities. Residents do tend to be lax about using turn signals.
- Up Against the Wall Gallery, 316 East Market St, +1 423 246-7210. One of the largest galleries in the Southeast features lamps, jewelry, pottery, and unique custom framing.
- Meadowview Regional Art Collection, 1901 Meadowview Pkwy, +1 423 578-6600. A collection of original art by regional artists.
- Exchange Place, 4812 Orebank Rd. A living history farm.
- The Netherland Inn, The Nation's only registered historical site which was both a stage stop and a boatyard. The restored Netherland Inn and section of the Old Historic Boatyard depict an intimate study of a way of life that is intriguing part of America's heritage.
- Hammond House, Visit this fully restored late-Victorian house on the National Register of Historic Places for a glimpse of the architecture and life-style of this era. See antique furnishings including a fainting couch, working foot-pump organ, working Edison phonograph, wood-burning heat stove and (electrified) wood-burning cook stove and others.
- Daniel Boone Wilderness Trail, 2144 Netherland Inn Rd, . One of the nation's most historic routes, the Wilderness Trail was blazed by Daniel Boone in 1775.
- The DKA Gallery, 140 West Main St, +1 423 246-6550, . The DKA Gallery is a non-profit contemporary fine art gallery created in partnership with the Madison Art Center in Nashville.
- Listen to free bluegrass concerts on Broad Street on summer Friday evenings.
- Listen to free blues/rock/gospel concerts on Broad Street on summer Thursday evenings.
- There is a playhouse in nearby Bristol, which also has the famous racetrack hosting major NASCAR and NHRA events.
- The Kingsport Rennaissance Center has periodic plays.
- Visit Boat Yard/Riverfront Park, Netherland Inn Rd, Kingsport, TN 37660, 423-229-9457,
This section of the Greenbelt Linear Park includes a swinging bridge, picnic area, playground, jogging/bicycle path, fishing and historical markers.
- Ride horses at Warriors' Path Riding Stables, 490 Hemlock Park, Kingsport, TN 37663-2073, 423-323-8543,
Enjoy guided trail rides with beautiful woodland scenery.
- Many events, shows, festivals of various types throughout the year. See the "GoTriCities" section of the Kingsport Times News on Thursdays for listings.
- Cherokee Rod & Gun Club, 4280 Reservoir Road, (423) 348-8004 - Shooting range
Most of the major retailers have outlets here, primarily along Stone Drive (US Route 11W) or at the Fort Henry Mall.
- The Chop House, . Kingsport's #1 restaurant for great steaks and chops in a warm, friendly environment.
- Pal's, . Malcolm Baldridge award-winner and great fast-food.
Many of the major national chain eateries are here also (Cheddars, Lone Star Steakhouse, Fatz, Perkins, etc.)
Clubs and bars with live entertainment in and around Kingsport include Acoustic Coffeehouse, Pickin' Porch, Bistro 105, River's Edge Restaurant, Bridges Cafe, Cahootenanny's, Gatsby's, Stir Fry Cafe, Nashville Sound, Country's Stateline Tavern, Picasso's.
- Kaffe Blue, Broad Street. A wonderful little coffee house that serves great sandwiches and salads. Great seating in the windows! Serves lunch and breakfast.
- Kingsport Grocery Company, 453 E. Main St., . The regions best craft-brewed beer selection (over 115) including high-gravities
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1217 Stewball Cr, +1 423 723-2300, .
- MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center, 1901 Meadowview Pkwy, +1 423 578-6600 (fax: +1 423 578-6630), .
- Fox Manor Bed & Breakfast,  1612 Watauga St.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!