Kingscoat is the biggest city on Kangaroo Island off the coast of South Australia.
See Kangaroo Island if you want to come here by ferry.
Regional Express operates 30min flights from Adelaide to Kingscote Airport. Shuttle transport to Kingscote is available, Bookings can be made phoning (08)85532390. A one way ticket is about 80 Australian dollars. Visit http://www.regionalexpress.com.au/ for more details.
Kingscoat is a quite small town, so it's easy to get around by foot.
- KI Marine Centre - Kingscote Wharf, phone 0885533112. The local aquarium in Kingscote. Has giant cuttlefish, seahorses and little penguins. There are daily guided tours to see the local penguins. (tours start 7.30pm and 8.30pm in winter and 8.30pm and 9.30pm in summer) The tour includes the centre as well as some interessting explanations about the southern night sky.
- Pelican feeding - Daily at 5pm the pelicans close to KI Marine Centre are fed.
- Ozone Seafront Hotel - phone (08)85532011 - offers a nice view on the local bay, serves seafood, local cheeses. Open daily from 7am to late. Located in the centre of the city.
- Central Backpackers - Murray St. phone 08 8553 2787 Clean hostel with a friendly atmosphere, only three minutes walk to penguin colony, beach and pelican feeding. Offers a communal kitchen and a communal lounge. Doubles are around 60 Australian Dollars, dorm rooms are available.
- Kangaroo Island Seaview Motel - Chapman Terrace. Offers a wide range on available room types. Guestrooms start at 75 Dollars, Oceanview Units at $135, Suites and Apartments are around $155. See http://www.ausgo.com.au/accommodation/south_australia/kangaroo_island_seaview_motel.htm for more details.
- Queenscliffe Family Hotel - Dauncey Street, phone 08 8553 2254.