Kilmarnock is in South West Scotland and is the home of "Johnnie Walker", the world famous brand of whiskey.
It is around 7-8 miles away from the coastal towns of Irvine and Ayr.
- "Dean Castle Country Park"
- "Johnnie Walker's Bottling plant" - Hill Street
- "The Dick Institute - Library and Museum" - London Road
Kilmarnock has a wide mix of accommodation from homely B&Bs/guest houses, to world class hotels.
Kilmarnock has many pubs and resturants to choose from. Most pubs screen live football matches and serve basic pub grub until around 8pm, but don't count on anything more sofisticated than pie and chips.
- "Fanny by Gaslight" on West George Street
- "The Goldberry" on Bank Street
- "The Hunting Lodge" at Glencairn Square (Former winner of the Tennents "Best Pint in Scotland" competition)
- "The Bellfield Tavern" at Welbeck Street
- "The Auld Hoose" on Titchfield Street
- "Paris Match" just off King Street, behind Tesco