Kew is a suburban area in the south west of London. Kew is overshadowed by the world famous gardens of the same name that occupy much of the River Thames bend that Kew is situated on. Kew is squashed between two larger areas of Sheen, an undefined suburbia with a quirky high street, and Richmond a small town if it were not absorbed by London.
Heathrow airport is 10 miles away by road.
- Kew Bridge is served by National Rail trains out of Waterloo station.
- Kew Gardens (also a tube station) station is served by Overground trains on a line that wanders around London without ever reaching the center, known as the North London Line or Silverlink.
The 65 bus runs the length of the Kew Road, and the 391 runs up Sandycombe and A316 roads. Yet an active person could walk the length of Kew (from A316 to Kew Bridge) in half an hour.
- Kew Gardens,, ☎ +44 (0)20 8332 5655 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . A UNESCO World Heritage site. .
- Victorian architecture.
- Kew Bridge, a fine stone bridge linking Brentford with Kew.
- Kew Green, a large lawn, split in two by Kew Road, with St Mary's Church, Kew Cricket Club and pubs set on or near it.
- St Luke's Church, The Avenue, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, . Services on Sundays at 8am and 11am. Free.
- The Barn Church (St Philip's), Atwood Avenue, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, ☎ 020 8878 5646 (email@example.com). Services held at 9:30am every Sunday. Free.
- Cycle, jog and walk along the river path.
- Tennis, by Kew Bridge
- Yoga, Arch 2, Kew Bridge Arches,Richmond, TW9 3AW, ☎ 020 8940 0888 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Offers a range of Yoga/Pilates classes for all abilities
Immediately by the station is situated Kew Parade, here there are a few chain shops like:
- Tesco Express, 2/8 STATION PARADE, KEW GARDENS, RICHMOND, GREATER LONDON, TW9 3PZ., ☎ 0845 0269355. Open 7am-11pm every day. Small Supermarket
- Martin's, 10 Station Parade, Kew, Richmond Upon Thames, TW9 3PZ, ☎ 020 8332 7953. Newsagents
- Lloyd's Pharmacy, 19-21, Station Parade, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 3PS, ☎ 020 8940 5800.
- Of course the ubiquitous Starbucks
As well as these there are some interesting independent shops:
- Olivers Wholefoods Store, 5, Station Approach, Kew Gardens, Richmond, Surrey TW9 3QB, ☎ 020 8948 3990. A health food and alternative therapies shop. ]
- The Shoe Station, 12, Station Parade, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 3PZ, ☎ 020 8940 9905.
- Curry Garden Tandoori, 289 Sandycombe Road, Kew, ☎ +44 (0) 20 8940 9473. A delicious and authentic indian restaurant with all the classic dishes.
- Ma Cuisine, The Old Post Office, 9 Station Approach, Kew TW9 3QB, ☎ 020 8332 1923 (email@example.com), .
- Rara Nepalese Dining, Rara Restaurant, 279 Sandycombe Road, Kew, Surrey, ☎ 020 8332 1020 (firstname.lastname@example.org). A really smart Nepalese restaurant
- The Glasshouse, 14 Station Parade, Kew, ☎ +44 (0)20 8940 6777, .
- The Railway, Kew Gardens Station Station Parade, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3PZ, ☎ 0871 917 0007.
- The Kew Gardens Hotel, 292-294 Sandycombe Road , Kew, London, England, TW9 3NG.
The rest of London awaits, the green of Surrey is also an option.