| || |
| || |
Revision as of 09:50, 8 September 2012
Kemer is a city in Lycia, Turkey.
Kemer is a coastal city with some beaches, as well as mountains (up to the elevation of 2200m) close by. Surrounded by large resort hotels on northern and southern sides, this city is a much preferred destination for Russians on package holidays—as well as Western and Northern Europeans—and one of the few towns in Turkey with a welcome sign in Russian (in addition to the usual Turkish, English, German, etc).
Antalya Airport, the nearest international one, is about 42 km to the north-east, about an hour away by car. There is no airport shuttle service to Kemer, but it is reported that a 3 hour bus ride is possible.
- Kemer Koop. (, tel: +90 242 814-38-28, email@example.com) operates a 24/7 VIP pickup service. 100-110 TL one way between airport and Kemer.
- Yellow taxis has a set price of 135 lira to/from the airport.
- Scandinavian charter operator Tyrkiareiser  run coaches between Kemer and the airport when they have flights arriving/departing. Quoted at 150 Norwegian Kroner NOK per person, (about 32 TL) or 200 NOK including pickup in Arslanbucak. Tyrkiareiser Kemer office phone: +90 242 814-66-10
- The wide highway D400 with seperated lanes per each direction, which passes by the town, connects it with north (Antalya) and south.
- Bus service (dolmuş) as usual. 1 TL. Route up to Arslanbucak and all the way down to the beach.
- Yellow taxis are common. The ~3km distance between Arslanbucak and downtown Kemer costs 13-16 TL.
- Some of the restaurants and beaches offers to pick you up, and return you home, for free.
Liman Street (Liman Caddesi in Turkish). The street is one of the main attractions in Kemer. There are various shops in this street, varying from cheap souvenir shops, clothing shops, et cetera. There is a police station in the Liman Street.
- Sea to Sky/Olympos Teleferik (colloquially known as 'Tahtalı Teleferiği' in Turkish), Yeni Mah. Atatürk Bulvarı 2/1, Kemer (their office in downtown) (access to lower station is from a 7-km surface road that branches off from the main highway between the towns of Çamyuva and Tekirova , 8 km south of Kemer; shuttles are also available), ☎ +90 242 814-30-47 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +90 242 814-44-91), . Every half an hour between 9AM-7PM daily in high season/10AM-5PM daily in low season. Cable car connecting to the 2,365 mt summit of Mt Tahtalı. A trip takes 10 minutes. 75 TL/€30.
- Night Clubs, The town has got four night clubs. They are open for business during summer. Aura Night Club, Inferno Night Club, Klub Kristall, Club Salinas. The clubs are open from 22:00 PM until 04:00 AM every day of a week. Famous singers such as INNA and Alexandra Stan occasionally perform at Aura Night Club and Inferno Night Club. Tickets cost around 20-35 liras. They are located near the clock tower in centrum, just by the beach.
- Kardelen, Aslanbucak. Excellent food. 20-25 TL for a main course. (36.59530499560991,30.531105467084483)
- Merhaba Garden. Great steaks. ~20TL. Pickup service at tel +90 242 814 5594 or +90 535 554 3661
Dial +90 242 xxx xxxx (from out of Turkey) or 0 242 xxx xxxx (within Turkey) to call local phone numbers.