Kedah is a state in the northern part of the West Coast of Peninsular Malaysia.
The state is famed for its padi fields and is known as "The rice bowl" of the country.
- Alor Star - largest city and capital of the state
- Sungai Petani - second largest city and industrial hub
- Kulim - third largest city and earmarked for hi-tech industrial development
Map of Kedah in Malaysia
Most people in Kedah speak in Malay-Kedahan dialect but English is widely spoken and understood by many Kedahan. Besides that, several Chinese and Indian dialects are also spoken by the minority Chinese and Indian population in Kedah.
- Bukit Hijau Waterfall The best sight-seeing in the northern Penisular Malaysia
- Tan Kee Roast Duck - famous food at Northern Malaysia, originated from Lunas, Kedah.
- You can buy all you need, like medicine at 'Thong Choon Tong' medicine shop at Lunas Main Road, is maintained more than 3 generations.
Dmoz:Asia/Malaysia/States and Federal Territories/Kedah