Karon Beach is on the west coast of Phuket, south of Patong and north of Kata.
Karon Beach is approximately 1.5 km long. Most areas are fully recovered from the tsunami, with just a few vacant lots still awaiting redevelopment. Not many hotels have direct beach frontage - most are across the road (which is not a busy one).
If coming from Phuket Airport you can pick up a voucher from the airport transportation booth for a flat rate of 650 baht. The drive is just under an hour.
For those who are price conscious, the transportation booth inside the airport also sells seats on a minibus for 150 baht. The minibus makes several stops along the way to drop off other passengers.
The fastest way to get around is by tuk-tuk, which are mostly needed to go to other parts of the beach or nearby towns. To get to Phuket Town taxis are available and cost around 400 baht. There are also public buses which leave from Karon to different places every hour for around 20 baht.
Unlike the bigger, busier, and noisier Patong Beach further north, Karon offers visitors a nice long quiet stretch of sand, with plenty of beach umbrellas available for rent. Facing west, it gives a beautiful view of the sunset.
Snorkeling and Diving
There are some nice snorkeling and diving sites located off Karon beach. Patong-Diver provides information for those interested in diving and snorkeling in Karon.
- Always seek local information before diving and snorkeling in Phuket. There can be dangerous currents present at certain times of the year.
hire a scooter and explore Phuket's interior
Bars, tailors and clothing markets are plentiful at Karon, either in the main part of town or along the beach front. There are also a number of supermarkets, convenience stores and pharmacies; there's not much you need to travel elsewhere for.
- Angus O'Tool's - Irish Pub & Restaurant, (opposite Centara Karon Resort), ☎ +66 (0)76 39 82 62, . 10:00-MIdnight. Serving ALL Day Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner & Supper. Daily Chef's Specials. Good Reds & Nice White Wines from the New World
Karon has a variety of restaurants to choose from including a surprising number catering to Scandinavian tastes. Most restaurants are lined along the beach front road.
- Harry's Restaurant & Pub, 15/5 Luangpohchuan Road (opposite Phuket Orchid Resort) +66 7639-8258 
- Angus O'Tool's - Irish Pub, (opposite Centara Karon Resort), ☎ +66 (0)76 39 82 62, . 10:00-Drunk. Powered by Draught Guiness, Kilkenny, John Smith's, Strongbow & Heineken
- Angus O'Tool's Irish Pub, Restaurant, and Guesthouse, (opposite Centara Karon Resort), ☎ +66 (0)76-398-262, . Restaurant open 10:00-midnight, all day breakfasts. Pub has music, live sports on two big screens, and families are welcome. Air-con rooms with bathroom & hot water, safe, fridge, satellite TV & CD player, free tea/coffee/water, Internet & Wi-Fi, from 600 baht. Also has Guiness on draft!
- Karon Living Room . Very clean and friendly hotel with new room furnishing and a\c rooms, friendly service, about 10 minutes walk from the beach. From 1400 (when booked locally).
- Woraburi Phuket Resort & Spa .
- Legends Guest House 516/6 Patak Road Karon Beach. it is a hostel but you have your own room with AC, TV, free tea,coffee water, and private bathroom. Only a few minutes from the beach, with plenty of bars close by. It is almost staying at a hotel. 
- Centara Karon Resort,  - formerly the Central Resort. Modern mid-rise 316 room resort with panoramic views. From 3000 baht.
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia, , large hotel complex located on the main Patak Road and popular with Asian tourists. The hotel has a Caffe Cino, similar to the one in Hilton's Petaling Jaya hotel (Malaysia). From 3400 baht.
- Mövenpick Resort and Spa, , is a Swiss-run resort located in the center of Karon town and is just across the road from the beach. From 3600 baht.
- Ramada Resort Karon Beach  - formerly the Felix Karon. A short drive from the main town, especially designed for kids and young families featuring the first and only magic castle of Phuket, the longest waterslide and the most diversified Kidsclub under the umbrella of the Siam Adventure Club. From US$48.
- Thavorn Palm Beach, , is next-door to the Hilton Arcadia and is distinctly more traditional as compared with its more modernistic-design neighbor. Features 209 contemporary Thai-style furnished rooms in 3 interconnecting low-rise buildings, and five swimming pools in exotic landscaped gardens.
Probably the only way to get back to the aiport is by Taxi, that usually cost about 600 baht.