There is not a bus route or trail route going through Kanab, but there is a small airport.
Kanab Airport 2378 S. Hwy 89 A
Walking to the shops and movie theatre on Main Street is a popular past time for tourists. The "Gazebo" located on the church lawn, directly across the road from the theatre hosts live entertainment most summer nights. Walking down the road past most of the hotels is the Kane County Office of Tourism and next door is the Crescent Moon Theatre. The Adobe Fitness Center is across the highway from the theatre. Most things tourists want are right on the main road within walking distance.
55 Minute Walking Tour of Historical Sites & The Kanab Business District
Kanab Downtown area walking map
1. The one story, brick Sixtus Johnson house was built in a 1891 brick house. Johnsons, grandfather discovered Zion Canyon in 1858.
2. The victorian style, Heritage House was the home of the 1855 school teacher, Bowman.
The Heritage House is on the National Register and has been restored as it was when first built and relics from the past adorn the walls.
Summer Tours: 9-12 and 1-5 pm daily.
3. The unique Rider-Pugh house was built in 1892.
4. Another Pugh home, this one built in 1906 using the stone of his fathers home for the foundation. Edward Pugh was the man who built the first rock ouse oustide of Fork Kanab.
5. The Lewis Jepson home had one of the only two bathtubs in town. That home had to be the envy of all. Jepson built the first movie picture theatre in Kanab. That building was is now a (was the Wok Inn) western restaurant.
6. The Bowman & Co. building was a general store and is one of the oldest standing buildings in town. Built in 1892 by Bowman $ Co.This building is one of the oldest buildings in Kanab. It was built in 1892, by H.E.Bowman & Co. It originally housed a general store. Today the building is the Cedar Post Pawn Shop.
7. The 1929 built Kanab Hotel is not Terry's Camera Trading Company. Many old time movie stars spent their nights in the lodging.
Kane County Office of Tourism.
Kane County Office of Tourism - The visitor center is located right on the main street. Besides travel info they have a lot of information on movies filmed in the Kanab area.
Grand Staircase-Escalante Visitor Center
Western Legends Round-up
Best Friends Animal Society
Best Friends Animal Society
Kanab Heritage House
Frontier Movie Town
Johnston's Primitive Art
Frontier Movie Town
Main Street shops in Kanab.
The Rocking V Cafe offers top-class cuisine in small-town Kanab - right on Kanab's historic Main Street. From Buffalo and seafood to eclectic vegetarian dishes, they have something for everyone. The Rafters Gallery upstairs displays all sorts of interesting local art for sale, or just to view.
Houston's, 32 East Center,  is a comfortable, family friendly restaurant with good American food. The servers sling pistols along with house-aged beef and their famous chicken fried steak, so be nice.
Nedra's Too, 310 South 100 East,  is a Southwestern restaurant that specializes in Arizona Style cooking. Their Navajo Taco is a great regional dish that is kind of like a tostada served on Navajo flat bread.
Grandma Tina's Italian Restaurant American style restaurant serving breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner 198 South 100 East
Junction Drive-Inn Right next door to Mc Donalds. Family owned Drive-Inn serving fast foods. 185 East 300 South Kanab
Mc Donalds 59 East 300 South
Grandma Tina's Restaurant on Main Street in Kanab
Parry Lodge Restaurant A historic hotel and restaurant. American style family restaurant serving breakfast, lunch & dinner. Noted as the eating place of the stars.
Pizza Hut 421South 100 East
Subway 295 E. 300 S.
Vermilion Espresso Cafe A sidewalk cafe, with internet access. 4 East Center
Of course, you're not going to Kanab for the nightlife, but if you're ready to belly-up, head across the border on 89 to the Buckskin Tavern in Fredonia (Arizona), "the longest bar in Arizona," and the only bar for miles.
There is a state liquor store in town, located next the police station and across the road from the Kane County Tourism Center.
Main Street in Kanab.
Kanab is a good place to stock up on supplies for camping. There are two small grocery stores, several c-stores and a sporting goods store just off the main road.
Willow Creek Books - Coffee - Outdoor Gear The best coffee in town. 263 South 100 East,
Nature's Showcase, 288 West Center, is a fun rock shop. It pays to hunt amongst the nicknacks to find the special rocks and items that come from local sources.
Denny's Wigwam, located on the main street, and one of the largest gift stores in town.
The Mayor's House, unique and worth the visit.
The Church on the Main Street in Kanab.
Kanab has a variety of accommodations from ranches and western-motif B&Bs to Holiday Inn and Super 8 Motels. Most of the hotels are located on the main road, Highway 89.
Best Western Red Hills, 125 W Center Street, +1 435 644-2675, Fax: +1 435 644-5919, .
Holiday Inn Express, 815 East Hwy. 89, +1 435 644-8888, .
Victorian Charm Inn190 North Highway 89 +1 800 738-9643 
Bob-Bon Inn 236 Highway 89 North +1 800 644-5094