Kalmar  is a city in the Småland province of the Götaland region of south-east Sweden. It is one of the oldest Swedish cities.
You can go here by train from Malmö, or from Copenhagen Airport. Flying to Stockholm (Skavsta) is another option, and driving down the E22. Kalmar does have an airport with connections to Stockholm Arlanda.
You can walk to all interesting locations.
- Kalmar Castle (Kalmar Slott) 
- Kalmar County Museum (Kalmar läns museum) 
- Thai Silk Palace, Fiskaregatan 8
- Kama Sushi, Västra Sjögatan 13
- Calmar Stadshotell , Stortorget 14 - classy and centrally located
- Café Dream  (Västra Sjögatan 17) is an Internet cafe. 30 SEK for 30 minutes.
- Take the Ölandsbron bridge over to the Öland island.