Kalmar  is a city in the Småland province of the Götaland region of south-east Sweden. It is one of the oldest Swedish cities.
Kalmar is a great location to get a ferry across the water to or from Finland, Estonia or Russia.
You can walk to all interesting locations.
- Kalmar Castle (Kalmar Slott) 
- Kalmar County Museum (Kalmar läns museum) 
- Thai Silk Palace, Fiskaregatan 8
- Kama Sushi, Västra Sjögatan 13
- Calmar Stadshotell - classy, centrally located
- Take the Ölandsbron bridge over to the Öland island.