Jomsom is a village in the Annapurna mountains of Nepal. It is the capital of the Mustang district of the Dhawalagiri (Dhaulagiri) zone of Nepal.
The town is a popular starting/ending point for treks along the Kali Gandaki River valley as well as up to Muktinath on the Jomsom-Muktinath Trek. Both the treks can be done as part of the Annapurna Circuit.
Jomson has daily flight connections with Pokhara although cloud cover at Pokhara or Jomson and high winds particuarly at Jomson might cause delays or cancelations.
Airlines covering the area include:
Tara Airlines and
In 2013 ticket prices were 80-90$ to Pokhara. Flights are departing in early morning as it is usually best weather.
Jomsom now has a tenuous road connection with Beni and onwards to Pokhara. The road is prone to landslides and flooding particularly during the monsoon.
Daily bus services operated from Jomsom to Pokhara with option to get out/in anyway on the route. Bus station is located on the southwest part of the New Jomsom.
New red ACAP trail avoiding the new road is now considered as one of the best part of Annapurna circuit and can take you through old villages and walleys all the way to Kande passing Ghasa, Tatopani, Ghorepani, Poon Hill and Ghandruk.
Jomson is a compact little town.
Jomsom beautiful small town situated at 2800 m at Kaligandaki River Valley and lap of Mt Dhaulagiri and mt nilgri.Tibetan culture and beautiful landscapes iots feature
Jomson has few attractions of its own but is a gateway for treks to Muktinath and Lo-Mantang as well as a common end point for treks from Manang. Jomson used to be the half way point on the Annapurna circuit but with the road construction it has now effectively become it's terminus.
There are a number of shops selling handicrafts as well as all the items trekkers normally would want from chocolate bars to trekking poles. One of the more unusual items commonly for sale are fossilised saligrams that are found in this area attesting to the fact that this was the sea bottom once!
All hotels have attached restaurants with remarkably comprehensive menus and as the food tends to subsidise the room cost you are expected to eat in your hotel or they will increase the room rate!
The following hotels are all on the tourist strip near the airport.
- Jomsom Mountain Resort (with 5 star hotel facilities), Contact us P.O. Box : 3488 Nagpokhari, Kathmandu, Nepal. Tel: 4110394, 4419690, 2004262 Ext: Mr. Arvin P. Joshi- 132 Mr. Bishal Shrestha- 215 Mr. Naresh Maharjan- 117 Fax: +977-1-4422252 E-mail: - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Resort Jomsom, Mustang Tel: 977-69-440035, 977-69-440036 Fax: +977-69-440041 (20 Minutes of walk form the airport), .
- Hotel Airport-Inn. nice hotel
- Hotel Alka Marco Polo, Jomsom (Opposite of Airport), ☎ 00977-9849202086. checkin: 5:00AM; checkout: 9:00PM. One of the best and preferred hotels in Jomsom today. Established in 1972 and is currently owned and managed by Mr. Bardaan Rai. Located in the heart of Jomsom with magnificent view, it provides guest with utmost care and friendly service. The rooms are nice & cozy, exceptionally good restaurant and a welcoming atmosphere. It is the only Hotel which provides "INTERNET" service. Mr. Rai himself is available in providing the customers with "THE JOMSOM EXPERIENCE". Services include hot water (at guests request), SAUNA(to pamper yourself), a perfectly set Restaurant(specialty: Illy Coffee with Apple Pie), Airline Ticketing, Money Exchange and Trekking services. Others such as "Mountain Biking" and "Hire a Bike" services are opening shortly. Two types of rooms are available. Rooms having attached bathroom with hot & cold water is priced at Rs 1000(negotiable). Rooms without attached toilets are priced at Rs 800(negotiable). The hotel provides a package with lunch or dinner and transportation at around Rs 2500(negotiable) per night. So, to truly feel "THE JOMSOM EXPERIENCE" you have to come visit us and try it out.
- The Dancing Yak Lodge. A fun little place near the airport. Great momos. Go for it!
- Hotel Dreamland.
- Hotel Himalayan-Inn.
- Hotel Holiday Home.
- Krishnu Guest House, bangalore. checkin: 01052009; checkout: 01052009. tarif
- Hotel Laligurans.
- Hotel Majesty. Basically Indians guest stay here.
- Hotel Mona Lisa.
- Moonlight Guesthouse. If you wish to charter Helicopter contact this hotel.
- Hotel Mountain Breeze.
- Hotel Mountain view.
- Neeru Guest House, (Opposite to Alka Marcopolo). Mrs. Soni will serve nice food
- Hotel Nilgiri View.
- OM's Home. Very comfortable hotel. Very good restaurant with a perfect view to Nilgiri. Superb staff and you often will meet interesting people staying for short or some times even longer terms.
- Hotel Snowland.
- Hotel Tilicho. Run by a lovely Tibetan family, the Hotel Tilcho provides a comfortable rest after trekking. On cold nights you may enjoy dining at the large dining table heated by hot coals while you visit with other travelers and your host. Rooms with attached western bathrooms with hot showers available, and they have laundry service if needed.
- Hotel Trekkers-Inn, Near Jomsom Airport, ☎ 069440146. Just a minute walk from Jomsom Airport. Hotel Trekkers Inn provide the best customer service, delivious food, luxury room at the most competitive price. Providing customers with additional services like airlines ticketing,Money Exchange and trekking guides. NRP 3350.
- Hotel The Windy Valey, bhjlcjkh (iluhfewo;kwe), ☎ hjjhliwejwe. weuiewf9oufmnoj;dcv
- Hotel Xanadu, jomsom (near the airport), ☎ 069-440060. checkin: 5:00AM; checkout: 9:00PM. one of the best hotel in jomsom. where people enjoy the food. Mr. Chandra Mohan Gauchan is owner who also is staff G.S.A. of Agni Air. 100-500.
Opposite the second suspension bridge when you are going from the airport towards Muktinath are two more possibilities for accommodation.
- Annapurna Guesthouse.
- Thak-Khola Lodge. Apparently Jimmy Hendrix once stayed here.
Hotel Paradise : with Wi-fi internet connection.
The temple complex of Muktinath sacred to both Budhist and Hindus for it's combination of Earth, water and Fire is a days walk or about an hour by jeep away.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!