Jining (济宁; Jìníng) is a city in Shandong.
Jining is a prefecture-level city in southwestern Shandong province. The city has around 200,000 inhabitants and the prefecturate around 8 million. The city is located right to the north of Nanyang Lake (南阳湖; Nányáng Hú) and is today the northernmost city reachable by navigation on the Grand Canal. The birth place of Confucius, Qufu, is in the prefecturate.
There is an airport in Jining 28km from the city centre and with quite few flights.
There a six trains each day from Jinan to Jining with a travel duration of 2½-3 hours and costs of CNY14-45. There are two trains each day from Qingdao with a travel duration of around 8 hours and costs of CNY41-120. Also trains from major cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Harbin.
- Baoxiang Temple. A well preserved Buddhist temple.
- Xiangjiang Great Wall Business Hotel, Changqing Road, ☎ 86537-2964666. Rooms including deluxe suites, superior business rooms, and standard rooms equipped with central air conditioners, satellite TVs, and 24-hour high-speed internet access. Conference center, banquet rooms, sauna, beauty salon, foot massage services, chess/cards rooms, restaurant and fitness facilities available. Disounted rates for doubles of CNY170 including breakfast.
- Qufu - the birthplace of Confucius with temples and museums honoring him. Buses from 06.40am to 6.00pm at 20 minute intervals at the Jining North Coach Bus Station. The bus station can be reached by the city-bus No.4, 26, 30, 31, 36 and 102.
- Zoucheng - the birthplace of Mencius, who was the most important interpreter of Confucius' thoughts. The Temple of Mencius and the Mencius Family Mansion are both here.
- Yishan Mountain - a mountain resort 10 kilometers south of the Zoucheng with spectacular natural sceneries and historical relics, especially featuring the granite pebbly landscape.