Jaunpur is a city in purvanchal part of eastrn uttar pardesh.
When to visit: Between October and March Clothes: Summer - Cotton Winter - Woollens
Jaunpur is well-connected with all major cities of India thanks to Indian Railways, it has two major Railway Stations namely Jaunpur City Station (JOP) and Jaunpur Junction (JNU), Mughalsarai , Varanasi and Allahabad Railway Stations are also easily reachable from here, Godaan express is a daily Train to Mumbai (erstwhile Bombay) from JNU; Shramjeevi, Sadhbhawana and Farakka Express are daily trains to Delhi.
Jaunpur is well connected to Lucknow, Varanasi, Allahabad and other cities like Azamgarh, Mirzapur, Bhadohi, Sultanpur, Ghazipur etc. NH-56, SH-36 are the world class roadways connecting all major cities to Jaunpur.UPSTRC bus services are frequent from all the points to the city.
Varanasi Airport Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport or Varanasi Airport [(IATA: VNS)] is just 30 Minute drive from Jaunpur city on NH-56 (National Highway - 56), numerous domestic and international flights are accessible
Indian Airlines, Air Sahara, Jet Airways, Kingfisher and Spice Jet all have daily flights to Delhi and there are daily flights to Mumbai on Air Sahara and Indian Airlines.
A cycle-rickshaw is the best thing to travel inside city.as most of the road are two lane but there is problem of traffic
there are various good restaurent such as garden view,kishan coffe house,amapali.
* Imartee/Imirtee (a sweet like Jalebi made from Urad lentil, (especially that of Beniram's in the olandganj area of the city) * Atom Bomb - a mouthwatering sweet from Sujanganj. It is made of dry fruits stuffed in Chhenna. For its big size (diameter =~ 3 Inches) and really good taste. * Dohara - one of the famous Paan-masala like stuff which is made using Supari (Beatle-nut), Kattha and Opium water. *batti chokha
there are various budget hotets in the city such as
BSNL(cell one), Reliance,IDEA,Tata indicom,Vodafone and Airtel are the most popular cell phone services in the region.
Internet is widely available. Price is usually Rs 15-20/hour.
* Sarnath - site of the Buddha's first sermon
* Ramnagar Fort - historical royal residence and museum across the Ganges
* Chunar Fort - ruins of battlements and ancient settlement 15 miles from Varanasi.
* Agra - city of TAJ can be easilly reached by Marudhar expres,a daily train from jaunpur *Mirzapur-there are various water falls and sceneric beauties.