This article is a travel topic
This is a calendar of events and festivals in the month of January.
- 1st: New Years Day (Gregorian calendar) - all night parties and celebrations including fireworks displays in cities and locations worldwide, but especially Western ones
- Late January or early February: Chinese New Year, celebrated in China, Singapore and anywhere where there are large concentrations of Chinese
- 26th: Australia Day in Australia - a public holiday commemorating the arrival of the convict First Fleet in 1788 and the establishment of both the city of Sydney and the colony of New South Wales, celebrated in grand style in Sydney (especially) and country-wide, with public firework displays and home barbeques
- Australia's largest country music festival  is held in Tamworth, northern New South Wales
- 5th: Winter Light Fest, ,Edmonton. This is an attempt at a world class festival of winter in Edmonton. It shall combine Ice on Whyte and a few other events, as well a bunch of new ones to create a winter fest to rival Quebec. It shall run until March.
- 1st: The Paris Parade Festival,  in Paris
- 31 January to 3 February 2008: MPH Motoring Theatre  at the Cocal-Cola Dome  in Johannesburg with the guys from BBC's Top Gear show
- Mid January: Dusi Canoe Marathon, , in KwaZulu-Natal
- Late January or early February: Korean Lunar New Year (Seollal), South Korea
- Epiphany day is a Christian feast intended to celebrate the incarnation of God in Jesus Christ. National Bank holiday and the official end of the Christmas season in Spain.
- Late January: Kiruna Snow Festival,  in Kiruna
- Last Tuesday in January: Lerwick Up Helly Aa,  in Lerwick on the Shetland Islands. A fire festival celebrating the influence of the Vikings on Scotland, culminating in the burning of a Viking galley.
- Late January or early February: Vietnamese New Year (Tết), Vietnam