||WARNING: Travel to Afghanistan, including Jalalabad, is extremely dangerous It is, therefore, strongly discouraged, and all foreigners are in danger of kidnapping, murder, and general armed violence. If you must go, see war zone safety.
Jalalabad (Pashto: جلال آباد) is a city in eastern Afghanistan, with a population of nearly 900,000 people. It is the capital of Nangarhar province, located next to the Kabul and Kunar rivers, a short distance from the Khyber Pass. It is linked by approximately 90-miles highway with Kabul to the west and about the same distance with Peshawar in Pakistan to the east.
Jalalabad is on the major highway that links Kabul to Pakistan. A lot of trucks use this route to supply Kabul with food and other products. The main highway was reconstructed in 2006, which is the busiest in Afghanistan. A bus service between Jalalabad and Peshawar is available everyday.
It is theoretically possible to get to Jalalabdad from Kabul in 1 hour 45 minutes. Many Afghans lose their lives trying this.
- Go for fishing along river side.
- Go for swimming .
Street scene i Jalalabad.
- The large reservoir near Sarobi. This is located on the way to Kabul.
- Hada' Museum' related to before islam period. This museum is located to the south of Jalalabad city.
- Palace (Shahi Qasar) was used by the former king Zahir Shah as kingdom palace during winter.
- Shirzai Stadium Shirzai lobgharai .
- Youth Park Zwanano Park.
- Bridge See the main historical bridge, the only source to connect other three provinces to Jalalabad.
- Darwanta DAM Darwanta Dam is very famous for fresh fishes and green envorenment with fresh air.
Women park, youth Park, Fish Hotels/resturatns and All type of dishes are very famous here.
- Ghazi Amanullah Khan Town.
- Ghazi Amanullah Khan Tomb.
- Ameer Shaheed Garden.
- shahi (qasar).
- Digging (for money). use many rudimentary tools in the dark of night to dig and emplace delightful exploding things!
- Handi Craft Handicraft is one of most famouse product of East, incliding Clothes Carpets and cottong made Gifts.
- Mangee you can find many Mud-Made things for eating food and drinking water and also peaces for room decoration.
- Pakool - Waskat Pakool Waskat are traditional wearing of Afghans, special hot and warm hat and special jacket balck normally.
- Afghanistan International Bank (AIB)  has a branch in Jalalabad.
- Kabul Bank  has a branch in Jalalabad.
- Azizi Bank  has a branch in Jalalabad.
- Afghanistan National Bank  has a branch in Jalalabad.
- Western Union  has several offices in Jalalabad.
- Pakora Go for special “Pakora” Food in Hindu Street.
- Cheese Cheese, Paneer, is the main product of Jalalabad and around areas. its famous over all Afghansitan.
- Olive There are many Olive gardens in Jalalabad. you can find best quality Olive in market.
- Olive Oil Olive Oil are mostly used in common dishes. you can find best quality Olive Oil all over there.
- Cinnamon Bread (sin-a-mon bredd). eat flat bread baked in the sun in borderline sanitary conditions. Cinnamon hides any flavors from dirty Afghan hands!
- Juice Shops in "Mokhaberat Chowk" is most famous which attracts many people for tasty and fresh juices for each season .
- The government hotel 'Spingar' is on the eastern side of the city is basic. There are other guest houses which may be better.
- Taj Mahal Guesthouse, ☎ +93(0)700 60 33 83, . Warm, welcoming guesthouse on the edge of Jalalabad. Free wifi internet, swimming pool in summer, and home to the Tikibar- the only bar in Eastern Afghanistan that operates when there are supplies. Rates: $80. nite, Meals and Laundry service included.
- Comfort Sleep (boom). many nights of restful sleep are not sanctioned and therefore interrupted by the sound of explosions