Jacksonville  is the county seat of Onslow County, North Carolina. It is on North Carolina's Inner Banks.
- Albert J Ellis Airport (ICAO: KOAJ)
- Sky Manor Airport (ICAO: N22)
United Transit System
605 New Bridge Street, Jacksonville, NC 28540-5432
- Beirut Memorial, located near Highway 24, a tribute to the men and women who died in Beirut, Lebanon on October 23, 1983.
- September 11th Memorial, an element of which is a piece of the world trade centers.
Jacksonville is less than a 30 minute drive to Topsail Island's great beaches. These beaches are open to the public and there are many free public parking areas with facilities and access to the beach. There are also rental properties available throughout the island; both for short and long-term rentals.
- Arby's - this is the world famous location that was the first Arby's to have a live tree planted inside.
- Texas Roadhouse
- Texas Steakhouse
- Logan's Roadhouse
- LoneStar Steakhouse
- Ruby Tuesday's
- Waffle House
- Outback Steakhouse
- Golden Corral Restaurants
- Burger King
- Dairy Queen
- The Kettle Diner
- Sharp Shooter's
- Taco Bell
- Andy's Dinner, located on Hwy 24 East, past Camp Lejeune main gate (Kmart shopping plaza)
- Jersey Mike's Subs, located on Western Blvd, beside Medical supply.
Jacksonville Business Guide
- Duck's Grille & Bar, 1207 Gum Branch Rd Jacksonville, NC 28540, ☎ (910) 455-9128, . 11:30am-2am Everyday.
- Outback Steakhouse, 1045 Western Boulevard, Jacksonville, ☎ (910) 938-8900, .
- Courthouse Cafe, 720 Court Street, Jacksonville, ☎ (910) 455-6141, .
- Sharp Shooters, 2109 North Marine Boulevard, Jacksonville, NC, ☎ (910) 346-3690, . 5PM TO 2AM MON-SUN.
- Spankys Sports Bar & Grill, 2532 Onslow Drive, Jacksonville, NC, ☎ (910) 347-0003, .
- Hooters, 463 Western Boulevard, Jacksonville, NC, ☎ (910) 346-9464, .
- Fast Freddy's Bar & Grill, 1223 Lejeune Boulevard, Jacksonville, NC, ☎ (910) 938-3050.