The islands of the Atlantic Ocean are - except for those in one concentrated region - scattered far and wide, with little in common but their relative obscurity.
The most numerous group of islands are the so-called West Indies and their neighbors, located southeast of North America, east of Central America, and north of South America. Although part of the Atlantic, this sea forms its own region: the Caribbean.
The near-polar islands to the far north and south are covered here among the islands of the Arctic Ocean and Southern Ocean.
The remaining islands of the Atlantic run rather intermittently from the southwestern tip of Europe, past West Africa, across the equator, to the open waters of the South Atlantic.
- Cape Verde Islands
- Equatorial Guinea
- Falkland Islands (UK, disputed by Argentina) (Spanish: Islas Malvinas)
- East Falkland
- West Falkland
- Barren Island, Beauchene Island, Beaver Island, Bleaker Island, Carcass Island, George Island, Jason Islands, Keppel Island, Lively Island, New Island, Pebble Island, Saunders Island, Sealion Island, Speedwell Island, Staats Island, Weddell Island, West Point Island
- Faroe Islands
- Borðoy, Eysturoy, Fugloy, Hestur, Kalsoy, Koltur, Kunoy, Lítla Dímun, Mykines, Nólsoy, Sandoy, Stóra Dímun, Streymoy, Suðuroy, Svínoy, Vágar, Viðoy
- Florida Keys (US)
- Great Britain
- Agpat, Akilia, Alluttoq, Ammassalik, Anoraliuirsoq, Bjonesk, Clavering, Disko (Qeqertarsuatsiaq), East Jensens, Edvards, Eggers, Eila, Godfred Hansens, Hareon, Hazenland, Helges Halvo, Hendrik, Herbert, Holm, Ikeq, Ile de France, John Murray, Kuhn, Lindhands, Lynns, Warming Island
- Madeira (Portugal)
- Rockall (disputed)
- Saint Helena
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France)
- San Andrés, Providencia and Santa Catalina (Colombia)
- Sao Tome and Principe
- South Georgia
- South Sandwich
- Tierra del Fuego (Argentina & Chile)
- Tristan da Cunha
- U.S. coastal islands (north to south)
- Mount Desert Island, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket Island, Rhode Island, Block Island, Long Island, Fire Island, Staten Island, Long Beach Island, Brigantine Island, Assateague Island, Chincoteague Island, Sea Islands, Hilton Head Island