Revision as of 03:42, 18 November 2006
Isabela is a city on the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, a protectorate of the United States of America.
You can fly directly from Newark via Continental Airlines, from Atlanta via Delta Connection, from New York via jetBlue Airways, and from Orlando via jetBlue Airways and Pan Am into Rafael Hernandez International Airport. Hotels have shuttles to and from the airport.
Isabela is service by Interstate PR-2. I-PR-2 to the East connects it with Quebradillas, Camuy, Hatillo, and eventually to San Juan via Arecibo. To the West with Aguadilla and from there, it connects it with Aguada and Añasco to the South. Other roads include State-Road 459 to San Antonio Village, State-Road 4466 to Bajuras and Jobos two great beach spots.
- Aguadilla City Hall "Alcaldia" - Originally built in 1918. Recontructed after the 1918 earthquake.
- Banyan Treehouse "Casa del Arbol" - Wooden House around a Banyan tree. Any of its parts touches the tree.
- Campanitas de Cristal Fountain
- San Carlos Barromeo Cathedral
- Christopher Columbus Monument - This monument built to commemorate Columbus entrance to Puerto Rico through Aguadilla Bay, consists of a cross originally made of marble. It also had to be rebuilt after the earthquake.
- El Merendero - A beautiful view of Aguadilla Bay and site of beautiful sunsets
- El Parterre Jose de Jesus Esteves "Ojo de Agua" - Historic plaza where a natural spring and former source of water for Spanish soldiers is located.
- Fisherman's Monument
- Jardin del Atlántico Square
- Old Sugar Pier -
- Paseo Miguel Garcia Mendez
- Punta Borinquen Lighthouse - Built by the United States Armed Forces in 1920 to substitute the one built by spain and destroyed by the earthquake.
- Punta Borinquen Lighthouse Ruins - Site of the old lighthouse built by spain in 1889 and site of beautiful pictures
- Rafael Hernández Monument - A monument honoring world-famous composer Rafael Hernandez-Marin
- Rafael Hernandez Square - Main Square
- Tribunal Supremo (Old Courthouse)
- Youth Fountain Juan Ponce de Leon Park
- Aguadilla Bowling Center - Is an 18 computerized lanes bowling alley with a bar, a cafeteria, and game-room ubicated in off Interstate PR-2 at Plaza Victoria.
- Aguadilla Ice Skating Arena - The only ice skating facility in the Caribbean.
- Aguadilla Skating Park - Is a board skating facility located in Downtown Aguadilla.
- Caribbean Cinemas 6 - Aguadilla Mall
- Cristobal Colón Park - Family Park with kiosks, a boardwalk with a beautiful view of the city, playground, and a beach.
- Las Cascadas (The Waterfalls) Aquatic Park - Many water attractions. Among them the Crazy River, Wave Pool, and lots of slides.
- Pro Bowl Recreation Center - Is an 8 computerized lanes bowling alley with a cafeteria and game-room ubicated in Ramey Village.
- Punta Borinquen Golf Course - Is an 18 hole golf course, originally built for President Eisenhower.
- Ramey Skating Park - Is a board skating facility in Ramey Village (former Military Base)
Isabela is the commercial district of the region. It has four strategically located commercial center along Interstate PR-2.
There are also stores along the highway, in the downtown area, and along State-Road 107 including Plaza Borinquen.
- Amanda's Restaurant
- Chris Restaurant
- El Pomodoro Restaurant
- Faro Suites Bar & Grill
- Golden Crown
- Molina's Restaurant
- Rosa Linda Restaurant
- Tasca de Guillo
- The Garden Restaurant
- Tres Amigos
- Faro Inn Suites
- Hotel Cielomar
- Hotela Hacienda El Pedregal
- La Cima Hotel
- Parador El Faro
- Courtyard by Marriot Punta Borinquen Resort & Casino - Coming Soon!!!