| || |
The best way to get to Introdacqua is to take the train to Sulmona (the closest town with a station). From Sulmona take a 15
minuet cab ride into Introdacqua. |+|
The best way to get to Introdacqua is to take the train to Sulmona (the closest town with a station). From Sulmona take a 15 cab ride into Introdacqua.
| || |
Revision as of 08:50, 10 May 2011
Introdacqua is a town in the Italian Province of L'Aquila in the Abruzzo region.
The best way to get to Introdacqua is to take the train to Sulmona (the closest town with a station). From Sulmona take a 15 minute cab ride into Introdacqua. You can also catch a bus from Sulmona (tickets from tobacconist, timetables from the Information Centre, departing from the bus-stop beside the park). It's only a few kms from Sulmona, so you could walk.
If your not brave enough to rent a car (I wasn't) then just use your feet. The town is so small you can cover all the hills in one day at a very steady pace.
- Sagra della porchetta e del prosciutto (Feast of Pork Sandwiches and Prosciutto)
What to do? Relax, Enjoy, Breath! That all there really is to do here. Visit the town square, the church, the cemetary, and the tower. Meet the local Italians!
- Be sure to go to Sulmona and purchase some confetti (Italian almond candy).
- La Trota (The Trout) - not just fish. Some seriously good food. Bring your appetite but not much $.
Carlo will make you anything you wish, he is kind of like a genie! Beyond great food, seriously
- Hotel La Trota - 16 nicely outfitted rooms (+39) 0864 47154
- B&B Antonella Via Crispi n° 4, 67030 (AQ) tel +(+39)086447150 c)3291935934 A family run bed and breakfast in center city.
- Make a visit to Pacentro, family home of Madonna and the Ciccone family.